The Leidos Civil group is seeking Electrical Engineer specialized in Micro Electronics devices to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) program, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) programs (AJW-242). This position is 100% remote.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by reviewing designs and Applying knowledge of electrical schematics and materials.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines through to completion.
- Knowledge of electrical codes and standards including the National Electrical Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and International Building Code (IBC)
- Experience in low voltage control systems, digital communication systems. Oversee projects all the way through completion.
- Produce clear and concise general and technical writing products and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
- Maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to site preparation and equipment installation problems
- Provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the closure of construction-related punch-list items
- Conduct efficient, organized data gathering and data analysis.
- Develop project plans, establish project schedules and project estimates.
- Discuss project-related items with stakeholders, contractors and code related Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Provide well-organized documentation.
- Work independently in a large engineering organization.
- Electrical Engineering degree from a 4-year ABET-accredited College/University degree and 4 to 8 years of relevant work experience or Masters degree in related field with 2 years of experience
- Relevant work experience must include 4 years of Electrical design.
- Experience with ground based navigational aids to include Instrument Landing Systems, Very High Frequency Omni-Directional Range radio navigation, and distance measuring equipment
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office and communication Tools such as Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, Power Point and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as an information gathering and communications tool.
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD / MICROSTATION..
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust. Public Trust requires US Citizenship or a Green Card and 3 years of residency in the United States.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.