Leidos is looking for individuals with depth and breadth of Airport Surveillance Radar (ASR) ground-based and satellite-based Air Traffic Control (ATC) surveillance systems to support various customer-driven efforts. Additionally, this support provides planning, technical, and program management support to the Airport Surveillance Radar (ASR-9) Program. This involves developing the technical inputs and documents appropriate for acquisition, solution implementation and Radar Divesture. The Specialist will provide support for the National Systems Engineering Group (ASR-9 Second Level Engineering). ASR-9 Second Level Engineering entails operating, maintaining, optimizing, and sustaining systems, products, services, and facilities in real time to provide the level of service required by end users and customers.
- As a subject matter expert in ASR systems, the successful candidate will visit various radar sites to observe the state of the systems and perform engineering research and provide technical support to extend the service life of ASR systems. Specifically, the focus of work on maintenance and repair of the ASR-9 F&E Engineering Asset at the WJHTC in support of sustainment engineering.
- This work will include research or testing national modifications and technology used to replace end of life components.
- Assist with installs of Lowest Replaceable Units (LRU) within the ASR-9 radar systems which is being upgraded, and assist in the disposal of the legacy LRUs. Support may include engineering design, design review, scheduling and installation.
- Bachelors Degree and 4 years or relevant work experience or Masters Degree with 2 years or relevant experience.
- Relevant experience in ASR systems
- Ability to pass FAA Public Trust Security Investigation
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience working with the FAA
- Experience specifically with ASR-9
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.