Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos team has an opening for a Senior Cyber & Info Security Engineer in our Logistics and Mission Support Operations team. This opening supports our program providing C-sUAS solutions to the USAF. This position will be a hands-on position to build, configure, and administer the programs’ suite of operational software to meet cyber requirements, including obtaining and maintaining an authorization to operate (ATO).
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Possess an understanding of government regulatory and compliance requirements related to cybersecurity
- Provide subject matter expertise in the development and maintenance of security tools and processes for agile programs using modern CI/CD pipelines (e.g. pSDO, CloudOne)
- Ensure RMF accreditation requirements, processes, controls, inheritance and artifacts are met to support obtaining and maintaining a DoD ATO
- Draft technical documentation and reports as needed for customer deliverables or internal use, such as system security plans, risk assessments, and plan of actions and milestones.
- Schedule, participate, and perform scanning and documentation of vulnerability results
Translate high-level Concepts of Operation, and requirements such as NIST, and DoD regulations and standards into lower-level actionable requirements to be implemented in the design, development, and test of the product
Develop cybersecurity-focused components of the program’s integrated master schedule to ensure all work packages and activities are accounted for and estimated correctly as well as assist the master scheduler with integrating the cybersecurity schedule into the project IMS with the proper predecessors, successors, and resources
Select, test, and implement several cybersecurity compliance, test, and design tools for the developers and testers to use on the program.
Lead the cybersecurity architecture and design efforts for projects and leads the Cybersecurity IPT with the Government customer
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- BS degree and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience or Masters with 8-10 years of prior relevant experience
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must possess and be able to maintain a Secret Clearance
- Must be familiar with the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
- Ability to effectively convey information security and risk-related concepts via written and verbal communication to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills and demonstrate poise and ability to act calmly and competently in a fast-paced environment.
- Security + certified
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Teams)
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Possess an active DoD Top-Secret security clearance
- Experience with system development and operations of U.S. military unmanned aircraft systems and communication protocols
- Experience with developing cyber resiliency, cyber survivability, and systems security
- Experience conducting vulnerability scans and assisting engineers in correcting, documenting, and mitigating vulnerabilities
- Experience preparing and briefing technical reviews to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working in an agile development environment and DevOps tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence
- Experience working with Department of Defense DFARS, US Federal FAR/ITAR and CMMC regulatory requirements
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Knowledge of operations testing and evaluation methods as they relate to the Cyber Security area of expertise
- CISSP Certified
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.