The Intelligence Group within Leidos is seeking a Senior Cyber Software Engineer to design and develop custom covert and stealth software cyber tools and techniques for operational use.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The ever-evolving Cyber landscape requires the development of innovative technical solutions to support operational cyber missions through research, engineering, and development.
The Cyber SIGINT and Solutions Operation at Leidos is seeking a motivated individual to work in a dynamic environment with a team of Cyber Engineers in reverse engineering, vulnerability research, prototyping, design, software development, integration, and test tasks to develop capabilities against various networking technologies. This work will leverage your experience in supporting cyber activities to analyze, disassemble, and reverse engineer a variety of hardware and software, focusing on networking protocols, communications devices, and emerging technologies. The candidate must be experienced in working within a dynamic team of cyber researchers and engineers through all stages of the product lifecycle – from vulnerability research to development and test.
We are seeking a motivated and diversified Senior Cyber Software Engineer/Embedded Developer with experience in the following areas:
- 2+ years of experience programming techniques to evade host and/or network-based intrusion detection systems
- 2+ years of experience developing programs to capture, analyze, and interpret raw network traffic
- 2+ years of experience in network sockets programming including developing packet-level programs, expert packet-level understanding of IP, TCP, and application-level protocols
- Good understanding of low-level systems internals including, but not limited to, the OS runtime linker/loader, object file formats, file system internals, OS-specific mandatory and discretionary access control mechanisms, and process and thread APIs and data structures
- 2+ year of experience programming device drivers in Linux variants
- MIPS Assembly programming experience is a big plus
- Experience doing agile software development using Atlassian Software Development and Collaboration Tools such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field and 10+ years of relevant software development experience
- 8+ years of experience programming in C, C++, and Python
- 6+ years or experience developing applications in Linux environment
- 6+ years of experience with programming (or/and):
- embedded applications
- cyber tools and techniques
- cryptographic applications
•Outstanding communication skills, verbally, in correspondence, and in technical documentation.
•Ability to conduct effective and efficient meetings
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.