The Leidos Defense Group seeks a Cyber Strategy Planner to support Joint Force Headquarters DODIN on our GSM-O II Program at Fort Meade, MD. As a key team member, you shall execute in real time, coordination of command strategy and policy to reconcile disconnects and update current policy with cyberspace roles and responsibilities.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of the DoD and COCOMs . It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation and support to DISA’s mission partners.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Developing strategic and operational plans, policies, governing directives, provide analysis, recommendations, and strategic guidance to enable effective cyberspace operations and implementation of defensive hardening initiatives
- Reviewing the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) language and Congressional Testimony for applicable cyber issues and provide reports to leadership on current issues
- Providing an expanded perspective of global strategic or operational joint warfighting concepts
- Using your experience in DoD and USG Cyberspace Strategy, Policy, and Doctrine to support the development of documents for USCYBERCOM’s Doctrine Warfighting Library
- Monitoring review and evaluate doctrine, directives, policies, plans, and instructions for content, conflict and/or alignment of command cyber guidance
- Supporting operational requirements and service cyber components enabling theater and global cyber operations
- Maintaining awareness of current and developing cyber threats, tactics, procedures, and vulnerabilities that have the potential to impact the DODIN
- Providing expertise on the development of strategic and operational plans and implementation of defensive hardening initiatives
- Maintaining awareness of DODIN operations, DCO-IDM missions, United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM)/JFHQ-DODIN directives/orders/alerts that conflict with strategic plans
- Supporting the planning, facilitating, and attendance of working groups, symposiums, and conferences to in order to facilitate discussions that produce measurable actions and results
- Reviewing and support documentation, cyber-related strategy, instructions, policy, and doctrine received from higher headquarters
- Reviewing and evaluate cyber policy directives/documents and issue papers
- Reviewing and assess DoD cyber documentation, cyber war-game reports, TTPs and lessons learned
- Providing technical research, analysis, and recommendations for JFHQ-DODIN to develop cyberspace COAs, CONOPs, and TTPs in order to support cyberspace operations and long-range/deliberate planning efforts
- Providing recommendations for synchronizing cyberspace operations more effectively with the collection, review, and assessment of existing DoD and service cyber documentation, exercise and event scenario reports, CONOPs, TTPs, and after action reviews/lessons learned
- Supporting Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD)’s policy, planning, acquisition, and management processes to identify strategic implications and develop appropriate JFHQ-DODIN policy and planning documents in accordance with organizational strategies and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with 12 years of related experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance w/ eligibility for polygraph
- Joint Professional Military Education Phase II Certification
- Demonstrated experience in developing plans that receive input from multiple units, and devising a final plan.
- Experience in COA development and analysis
- Knowledge of the Military Adaptive Planning Process
- Experience with Joint Operational Planning Process
- Advanced communications and presentations skills (verbal and written)
- Extensive knowledge of command relationships, DoD structure, JFHQ-DODIN, DISA, and US CYBERCOM mission and structure
- Security+ CE; GSEC
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.