Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Cloud Migration Program Manager?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Business Development position located in Reston, Virginia with opportunities to work remotely.
The Cloud Migration Program Manager (PM) will lead the program team responsible for leading a technical delivery team in the migration of ~75 applications to the commercial cloud annually.
In support of this program, the delivery team will conduct application assessments of each application identified and submit a technical recommendation request to the customer for migration approval. Assessments include analysis of the application architecture, data, performance, availability, integration, operations, cybersecurity risk assessment, cost and schedule, ideal target CSP environment, and licensing. Subsequently, the team will migrate approved applications to the cloud.
The Cloud Migration PM will champion the cultural shift to the cloud and successfully lead execution of the cloud migration strategy by understanding cloud adoption challenges. The ideal candidate must have prior experience managing a commercial enterprise cloud migration initiative. The Cloud Migration PM will have a demonstrated understanding of the broader Cloud marketplace and differentiators of various Cloud offerings.
• Serve as the single point of contact for coordination with the Customer Program Management Office
• Responsible for meeting all technical, financial, and contractual and performance requirements to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives
• Daily activities include program/project planning, tracking, analysis, team organization and coordination, subcontract management, comprehensive risk planning, conducting meetings, customer coordination, technical and analytical guidance to the team, briefing senior management, taking corrective action when needed, taking proactive steps toward risk mitigation, and assisting senior management team in strategizing across the program enterprise
• Utilize expert communication skills needed to direct the skilled technical resources and report on the technical progress, issues, and problem areas, as well as write and review technical documents
• Communicate and coordinate resolution of all project-related problems to the appropriate stakeholder lead
• Develop program deliverables; prepare program status reviews and other formal reviews, and brief the Customer and 1901 Group management on the program status
• Bachelor's Degree and 12+ years of Project or Program Management experience or Master's degree with 10+ years of Project or Program Management experience.
• Must be willing to submit and obtain a Secret security clearance (SSBI preferred) with the U.S Government
• Experience managing cost, schedule and performance of projects
• Demonstrated understanding of IT management, administration, application and system development lifecycles within a substantial IT environment
• 3+ years of experience managing the migration of applications to the commercial cloud
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• PMI PMP Certification or DAWIA Level III in Program Management desired
• Agile development knowledge and framework
• Onsite work experience in a Department of Defense customer environment
• AWS and/or MS Azure experience
• Excellent analytical, technical skills, planning, and organizational skills
• Certified Scrum Master and/or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification
• Familiarity with Azure RedHat OpenShift (ARO) and/or Kubernetes environment deployments
• Familiarity with governance and configuration management processes for release deployments into a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
• ITIL Certification
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.