No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth.
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- NESC expertise
- Structural Pole Modeling
- Electrical Power Calculations
- GIS design training
- Project management
- Financial management
We are looking for a Field Engineer Technician (Part Time) to provide field inspections throughout the Pittsburgh area. This person will work remotely, but must be in the Pittsburgh area.
Field Engineering Tech Responsibilities:
- Perform light PDF editing of power pole location documents
- Understand the use of document management systems, filing, and document scanning
- Travel to both city and rural areas of Kansas City area to inspect power poles.
- Use of handheld range finder to document pole distances and attachments of existing power lines, communication lines and equipment.
- Complete fielding checklist form for each pole and upload for design teams to complete designs.
- Electric hazard identification, electric equipment identification, and communication equipment Identification on poles.
- Track, prioritize, and plan your project assignments.
- Work schedules are typically 1-2 days per week (Mon-Fri), 4-8 hours per day
- Comply with all safety regulations and meet safety requirements to maintain a successful safety record
Field Engineering Tech Requirements:
- Ability to travel locally to different job sites
- High level of integrity, honesty, and professionalism if/when talking to residents
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend, reach and to move or carry items weighing up to 25 lbs
- Comfortable use of field-based tablets, cameras and hand held range finder.
- Ability to proficiently use or learn how to utilize handheld range finder accurately.
- Knowledge of Google Maps and/or Google Earth.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Excellent communicator who knows how to select the right tone and medium for the message
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions during daylight hours.
- High school diploma and valid driver’s license required
- Ability to manage and track your own time for weekly time keeping purposes.
- Outdoor Work: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.