The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a Software Engineer/Developer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance to support a highly visible fast paced prime contract in the Fort Meade, MD area. You will enjoy great benefits such as 4 or more weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave, and a sign on bonus.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: v Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to perform discovery in an environment of strategic competition.
The Prototype Development Support (PDSII) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, PDSII looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the PDSII program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment. Click here to learn how PDS II “Delivers Mission Success!” and a list of all our amazing opportunities
To check out other opportunities offering 20K sign on bonuses please visit:
As a Principle Software Engineer, you will work with analysts to translate their ideas into requirements for new data sources, data flows, cloud analytics, or development of other information systems, as needed. This work will involve working with networks and encryption providing leading edge solutions for those analysts.
- At least 16 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 5 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two years of general experience.
- Knowledge of network encryption metadata and/or hidden services to include network encrypting protocols (i.e., IKE/IPsec, TLS and technologies such as Tor)
- Knowledge of customer data flow procedures
- Experience with customer corporate tools such as DX and XKS
- Experience with Jira for tracking
- Agile software development experience
- Experience with customer GHOSTMACHINE analytic development
- Familiar with cloud technologies (MapReduce, Spark, Accumulo, etc.)
- Experience with Java/Pig MapReduce
- Familiarity developing analytics in the QTA (Query Time Analytics) environment
- Experience with Maven and web services development, Zoom workflows
- Familiarity with C++ and/or Python a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills are a must
- Work in a team environment
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.