Leidos is hiring a SCI SCA Rep A&A Specialist. All work will be performed onsite in Suitland, MD. An active TS/SCI clearance is required to be considered for this role.
The Hopper Information Services Center (ISC) is an IT service provider for the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) and for 70+ Navy Intelligence Community (IC) ashore organizations across the globe with mission to deploy and operate classified information systems, networks, communications systems, and cybersecurity capabilities. Within Hopper ISC, the Cybersecurity Department is comprised of four divisions (Defensive Cybersecurity Operations, Cybersecurity Mission Operations, Assessment & Validation , and Cybersecurity Engineering), and these divisions collectively secure, protect, assess, and monitor fielded Information Technology (IT) capabilities against a full range of internal and external threats.
Candidate will provide operations, engineering, technical and program management support services and associated supplies to support the cyber related requirements and operations and will routinely work independently to achieve critical mission objectives necessary to continue smooth operations for Hopper, and other internal and external agencies. Routinely will collaborate with different internal and external customers and other experts to develop technical solutions to problems that are complex and not always immediately identifiable in order to timely meet mission objectives.
The Security Controls Assessment (SCA) division executes cybersecurity IT assessments and provides professional SME in the area of cybersecurity assessment for Navy Intelligence funded systems and networks in accordance with Federal, DoD, and IC information security standards to include compliance with NIST SP 800-53 controls. The division is responsible for conducting system assessments and validations in accordance with the Naval Intelligence (NAVINTEL) AO/DAO guidance and in accordance with the Fleet Cyber Comma nd (FLTCYBERCOM) Navy Authorizing Official (NAO) guidance for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) systems and Collateral systems (SIPRNet and NIPRNet) respectively. Additionally, provides recommendations on Cybersecurity program deficiencies and shortfalls as they relate to policy directives, program and procedures, and develops assessment and validation strategies for all Navy Intelligence stakeholders.
Our new hire will be a SME and will have a thorough understanding of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in Security Controls Assessment. This individual will be relied upon to influence development of solutions that impact mission goals and objectives. Additionally, our new colleague will be expected to work independently and resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation of facts and requirements.
- Support the Security Controls Assessment (SCA) of complex IT requirements and security assessment of operational, management, and technical controls for information systems within the Navy Intelligence operational environment and in accordance with Navy RMF guidance, NIST SP 800-37, and NIST SP 800-53.
- Execute SCA activities such as Laboratory Security Assessments, Operational Security Assessments, Cross Domain Solutions [CDS] assessments, Baseline Change Request assessments, Interim Authority to Test (IATT) assessments, documentation reviews, etc. and shall provide accurate and comprehensive security assessment results and risk posture. This information shall be provided in the form of a Security Assessment Report (SAR) via classified communication channels or other format as directed by government.
- Perform Cybersecurity related research and risk assessments for new technologies that are proposed for use within the Navy Intelligence operational environment and shall provide best practice methods for accomplishing assessments using automated tools that comply with Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP). The format of the research, results, and recommendations is determined by management and may take the form of a briefing, presentation, white paper, or memorandum-type correspondence.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and employ DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIG), STIG technologies such as Tenable Nessus, STIG Viewer, Security Requirements Guides (SRG), Security Content Checker (SCC), STIG benchmarks, open-source tools such as Vulnerator, and other automated tools to assist with the assessment of security controls and the presentation of security assessment results.
- Develop test procedures for security controls, processes, training materials, and assessment documentation in accordance with DoD and IC cybersecurity policies, directives, and instructions with minimal to no re-work.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- BA/BS in IT, IA or related field and 12+ years of related experience with lCD-503, and/or NIST Framework; additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- 3 Years of project management experience.
- Must adhere to the DOD Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program requirements, DOD 8570.01-M
- Must have one of the following certifications: CAP, GIAC, GSLC, CISM, CISSP or CASP.
- Experience with DoD, DISA, Navy Network Warfare Command
(NNWC), DoDIIS, and IC tools, systems, and reporting mechanisms and requirements for A&A.
- Experience and education in information assurance, e.g., accreditation, security testing and evaluation.
- Knowledge of the DoD, IC, and national system security initiatives and secure Information/LAN/WAN technologies.
- Experience establishing and managing high performing A&A teams, including adapting industry, DOD, and IC standards to create ISC "best practices".
- Experience in interpersonal and customer relations expertise and teambuilding
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.