Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 or more weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Parental and Disability Sick Paid Leave and more! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Sr. Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD. The Sr. Engineer will be supporting our large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
The Sr. Systems Engineer will support deployed customer processing systems, focusing on system operations, troubleshooting and maintenance. The candidate will also support system integration, upgrade, and deployment activities. The majority of the time is spent on telecommunications signal and software engineering activities. This includes signal processing workflow management , signal data analysis, infrastructure design, maintenance, and integration work such as the configuration of virtualized environments, encryption, unique product installations and configurations .They should have recent, first-hand experience designing, integrating, and sustaining customer mission systems. They must have recent, first-hand experience supporting customer architecture and component development efforts.
The selected candidate will provide network engineering support to the contract focusing on SIGINT systems interconnectivity. Primary responsibilities will include: design, integration, test, operations, and maintenance of connecting networks.
Note: ***** This position is Juniper network equipment ******
- Minimum of 12 years experience in network design or network security.
- Minimum of 12 years experience in resolving complex network problems, and operating network analyzers, Wide Area Network (WAN) test equipment, and network simulators.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in implementing Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, terminal servers, and Network Time Protocol (NTP) servers.
- Minimum of 7 years experience performing network security architecture, design, and integration on UNIX, Windows, Linux, or other Operating System (OS) configurations.
- Minimum of 4 years experience with modern LAN/WAN solutions including IP networking - MPLS, QOS, SONET/SDH optical solutions, and serial communications. Protocol support will include, but is not limited to TCP, UDP, DHCP, SSH, NTP, DNS, ARP, ICMP, SCP, and TFTP. Working Knowledge of dynamic routing protocols to include EIGRP, BGP, and more desired.
- Minimum of 4 years experience with configuration, implementation and sustainment of Firewall and IP or Serial Encryption devices. Will also be able to implement and sustain security solutions for boundary protection using secure methods with knowledge of IPSEC, SSL VPN, Access Authentication Authorization (AAA) and Access Control List (ACL) implementation.
- Experience with Juniper switches, routers, encryption devices, copper and fiber connectivity and protocols is a MUST. Knowledge of and experience with Juniper devices is required, as is some knowledge of file storage applications in native and virtual environments.
- LINUX experience is highly desired.
- All candidates must hold TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance and should be willing to support operational systems after-hours and on a call-in basis
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.