Leidos is looking for a Software Developer to support a mission focused project in the Chantilly, VA area. This position requires an active TS/SCI Polygraph in order to be considered.
The select candidate will support a high profile program on a project that produces highly visible products for senior leadership. The individual will be responsible for activities associated with development, upgrades, maintenance, research and development and testing. Duties will relate to new and existing applications, features, web services, and major enhancements to include supporting in the areas of creation, coordination, dissemination, security and conveyance.
The environment demands focus, concentration, as well as patience and versatility to take part in all that is required to get mission accomplished, including O&M and R&D on top of existing development duties. While processes are in place, due to requirements and needs moving and changing quickly, this advanced and tightly run team, demands fast and fluid structures. Individuals must work as efficiently within the unit as they would on their own without extensive direction. The right individual will be open, responsive and pro-active (take ownership) when there is limited documentation. The resource will need to seek out needed information and understand all impacts to ensure successful execution. A key attribute will be professionalism and clarity in communicating with stakeholders, multiple and different layers of management, as much as with the technical team.
- Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience using R, Python and/or Java Script
- Experience using SGL and NoSQL to manage structured and unstructured data
- Experience with statistical programming languages like Stata and SAS
- Experience in developing and maintaining data systems, databases and complex datasets
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries to extract and load data to generate reports
- Experience with identifying patters and trends, developing prediction models and creating data tables and graphs to present findings
- Experience with performing data cleanup to include removing corrupted data and fixing coding errors
- Development experience with Node
- Development experience with REST APIs
- Experience with MySQL and SQL.
- Development experience with C# on MS Windows.
- Experience with Typescript.
- Analyze data to create and develop machine learning models
- Perform software quality assurance and testing using a variety of technologies.
- Technical knowledge of data quality, data modeling, analytics, and predictive modeling
- Experience with Mobile Development either iOS or Android
- Experience working with git at the command-line
- Experience working with development environment on the Mac
- Experience working with the Linux CLI and Linux scripting
- Experience working with Sequelize ORM
- Experience working with VS Code
- Experience working with MS Visual Studio, Apple configurator and iPad/iPhone MDMs, and AWS would be a plus
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.