Leidos has an opening for Quality Engineer in our Centennial, Colorado office, supporting the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) under the United States Antarctic Program (USAP). The ASC is a dynamic and complex program that performs operations and logistics in support of science on the Antarctic Continent and two maritime research vessels. This position will be responsible for the verification and the application of conventional industrial, commercial, and residential construction maintenance, along with operation, inspection and testing methods against building codes and standards. This position will have a working relationship with the Antarctic "on-ice" Quality Assurance staff.
Location: 100% telework is allowed when not deployed
Travel: Estimated 40-50% travel is anticipated for this position. Deployment to Antarctica will occur primarily during the Austral Summer (Oct-Feb) and could be asked to deploy during the shoulder season (March-June) if needed. Deployment will not exceed 6 months per year.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Understand and interpret the Contractors’ Quality Management Plan and will provide oversight of project quality activities so that all Project quality goals are achieved.
- Review engineering plans and specifications for compliance with Design Criteria and applicable codes and standards.
- Perform constructability reviews of interim design submittals.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive quality audit plan of design, procurement, construction and testing activities in accordance with any necessary guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a database of quality audits and field quality surveillance reports to document the effectiveness of the Contractors Quality Plan throughout design and construction.
- Evaluate the progress of construction and ensure the corrective action is implemented to resolve problems or field related construction issues and any non-conformance matters in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist in the development of special procedures for construction testing and inspection.
- Assist in close-out, certification and system commissioning.
- Bachelors Degree (preferably in Engineering, Construction Management or related field) and 3+ years in a construction role (Project Engineer, Quality Assurance, Construction Manager); additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Working knowledge and application of all commercial and residential building and maintenance codes such as but not limited to International Code Council (ICC) for Fire, Fuel Gas, Energy Conservation, Plumbing, Mechanical and Existing Building Codes.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents (drawings and specifications).
- Ability to monitor and analyze quality performance.
- Ability to independently prioritize and execute quality related activities.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of welding practices, procedures and familiarity with related codes (AWS and API) are preferred.
Physical and/or Other Specific Requirements: Deployment is required in this position. The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations, and psychological examination, as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. Complies with applicable safety, environment, health and waste management policies and procedures. U.S. citizenship or permanent residence is required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.