Calling all Pilots, Navigators, Air Traffic Controllers! Are you looking for an opportunity to continue making an impact in aviation?
Then join Leidos in delivering innovative solutions to our Federal Aviation Administration customer. Work with other talented aviation professionals who are dedicated to our customers’ mission: providing the safest, most efficient aerospace system in the world. The success of this mission is supported by the work we do on our Instrument Flight Procedures team.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of an aviation Instrument Flight Procedures (IFP) Specialist to join our growing team of aviation industry professionals in Oklahoma City, OK. As a core member of the Instrument Flight Procedures team, you will play a valuable part in ensuring the country’s National Airspace through the design and development of safe and technically accurate instrument procedures published to the National Airspace System. These procedures provide the source documentation for airway charts and instrument approach plates used by all general aviation, airline, and military pilots.
If you have eight (8) or more years of experience in any of the following areas, enjoy work that matters and using critical thinking and our team can train you for success in this role.
- Military or Civilian Instrument Rated Airline Pilots or Certified Instrument Flight Instructor
- FAA, Contractor or Military Air Traffic Control
- Military or Civilian Navigator or Flight Engineer
- Instrument Flight Procedures Developers / Specialist
A bachelor’s degree in an Aeronautics, Aviation, or Air Traffic Control is preferred but not required as we will consider additional years of experience in lieu of a degree. This role also requires strong critical thinking and attention detail skills.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Duties involve a wide range of functions:
- Create the aviation pilotage routes and aeronautical information packages that are the source data for airway charts and instrument approach plates
- Support and respond to reviews of procedures to ensure any obstacles and obstructions are incorporated into the revised procedure and initiate corrective action where discrepancies are discovered and accomplish instrument flight procedure aeronautical navigation changes for affected procedures.
- Proactively assess and address issues in procedures by identifying the impact of proposed obstructions, altered or deactivated navigational aids, airfield data changes, deactivations, and revisions to controlled airspace.
- Provide background information to the FAA for the development of Notice to Air Missions (NOTAMs).
- Coordinate with FAA Subject Matter Experts and stakeholders from the National Flight Data Center, Miliary and Commercial Airline representative as well as aviation officials, pilots and airport operators at the state and local levels.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies” Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical workplace. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.