Leidos has an opening for a Software Systems Engineer in support of the DCGS-N systems engineering efforts in North Charleston, SC.
Seeking a Software Systems Engineer to support the Distributed Common Ground System, Navy (DCGS-N) Family of Systems (FoS) which includes DCGS-N INC 1 Block 1, DCGS-N INC 1 Block 2, the DCGS-N Enterprise Node (DEN), the Joint Concentrator Architecture (JCA) and the Intelligence Carry On Program (ICOP) and systems in development. DCGS-N is the Navy's premier Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) processing system.
The successful applicant will be a major contributor to intelligence software integration, system design, procedure development, and software testing in PMW-120's System Engineering Division.
The position will involve extensive application configuration and candidates should possess an administrator-level understanding of virtualization and n-tier Enterprise applications (db, app server, and client) architecture/management as well as the capacity to develop, update, and follow detailed installation procedures.
- Work as a "generalist" on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future DCGS-N system builds.
- Perform analysis on systems to document all functions and define interfaces for integration, testing and quality assurance.
- Provide solutions based on system requirements and work with multiple teams to develop solutions to technical issues that arise.
- Work with senior team members and develop junior team members to implement the design process and develop the procedures for updates.
- Defining DCGS-N baselines and versioning; initiating and conducting studies that examine upgrades and changes to the DCGS-N system; initiating and conducting Enterprise Change Requests (ECRs) documenting a needed change to the system; and providing support to the testing and life cycle activities required to sustain the system.
- 6+ years of overall related IT experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to travel 25% including internationally and underway periods onboard U.S. Navy ships.
- Minimum of IAT II Certifications to meet DoD 8570.1M compliance: CompTIA Security+ or higher and certification/accreditation in Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experience/training with VMware and virtualization
- Experience/training in a mixed-server environment composed of Windows Server, RHEL, and Cisco hardware, software, and virtual machines.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with other highly skilled and diverse individuals
- Active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- Active TS clearance with current SSBI for access SCI information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Dell/EMC storage devices, NetApp Storage devices, and Oracle Sparc servers
- Experience/certifications in Solaris 10/11, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016/2019, RHEL, VMWare (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi), Hyper-V, Cisco IOS
- Experience with WSUS, YUM, and SolarWinds enterprise configuration
- TCP/IP networking experience including ports, firewalls, access control lists
- Powershell and bash scripting experience
- Previous sysadmin experience in a COMPOSE or CANES Environment
- Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance or Distributed Common Ground Station background.
- Basic Intelligence Operations experience (IPL/iSToRE, CGS, JMPS, CVIC systems)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.