Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers.
The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
The Security Enterprise Solutions Operation (SES) business unit currently has an opening for a Principal Civil Engineer to support ongoing Vehicle and Cargo Inspection Systems (VACIS) product development and product delivery activities.
Lead Ports and Borders Civil Engineering efforts to include Civil support for: site surveys, design and specifications preparation, and installation. Support the Program Managers with project management site support.
- Incorporate Leidos products into customer integrated site solutions.
- Make critical civil design decisions on behalf of Ports and Borders Division
- Develop product specifications against customer and derived requirements.
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and civil engineering subcontractor to develop product to meet or exceed defined requirements.
- Ensure product design meets the technical, cost and schedule metrics as provided by management.
- Execute product delivery contracts to include production, installation, and customer acceptance in the field.
- Prepare or subcontract engineering analyses to support efforts such as: truss design, foundation sizing, custom mounting, road base, vehicle/trailer approach angles/turning radii.
- Coordinate civil activities with civil subcontractor.
- Will manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines through to completion.
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal form.
- Produce clear and concise general and technical writing products and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
- Maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to site preparation and equipment installation problems.
- Provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the closure of construction-related punch-list items.
- Conduct efficient, organized data gathering and data analysis.
- Develop project plans, establish project schedules and project estimates.
- Discuss project-related items with stakeholders, contractors and code related - Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Provide well-organized documentation.
- Work independently in a large engineering organization.
- Will work with multiple disciplines as applied to general requirements as typical for standard types of engineering projects.
Requires a BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. 16 years experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Ability to pass TSA suitability background check
- Civil Engineering degree with current PE license. Multi-States preferred. 8-12 years relevant experience. 16 years experience will be considered in lieu of deg
-Working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Word, Excel, Power Point, and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as an information gathering and communications tool.
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD
- Extensive work with CBP and GSA on similar projects
- Experience working in high security areas with ongoing activities
- International installation efforts
- Border security
- Knowledge of traffic management systems (dynamic signage, gate arms, ground loops) as pertaining to proper use, placement, and fielding
- Working knowledge of in-lane usage and fielding of RFIDs and LPRs
See how Leidos is safeguarding people and commerce by selecting the link below!
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.