The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a dynamic Power / Electrical Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team.
In this role you will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Central Service Area (CSA) NISC support team with the goal of providing outstanding customer service to the FAA.
Provide the CSA Infrastructure Engineering Center, Great Lakes Regional Office assistance in planning, cost estimating, scheduling, engineering, coordination, contracting, installation, inspection, and acceptance of electrical systems/services as part of the Central Service Area (CSA) implementation of a wide variety of NAS Infrastructure programs and projects, which include of the electrical generator replacement program.
The projects will range over the geographic scope of the CSA and ensure accuracy of design, products, and timeliness of project completion.
Specific duties for the position include:
- Plan and design electrical systems for a variety of FAA buildings and structures.
- Perform on-site surveys to develop “to-scale” designs and detailed reports,
- Generate sketches showing relation of proposed installation in existing or new facilities with exact specifications and dimensions.
- Test and analyze power systems and participate in construction inspections and final inspections inclusive of CAI and JAI.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to identify and resolve problems with the design or implementation.
- Coordinate design components with a multi-disciplinary team and generate drawings, wiring diagrams, and wiring schematics as required for site-specific modifications and new construction.
- Prepare Microstation-generated construction drawings and prepare site-specific specifications and contract documents and independent cost estimates.
- Generate and coordinate the Integrated Risk Management Checklists (IRMC), communication plans, project risk register, to meet Operational Risk Management (ORM) requirements.
- Coordinate and complete Work Permits required for potential impact to lead and asbestos that may be encountered during construction.
- Participate in meetings inclusive of the pre-construction meeting and on-site construction meetings with stakeholders to coordinate electrical systems with other ongoing construction and projects.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate construction project activities to meet milestones and deadlines; working directly with stakeholders and contractors.
- Manage and participate in on-site cutovers, testing and restoration of facilities.
- Prepare, maintain, and provide periodic updates of project to team, management, and stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects towards successful on-time completion.
- Review contractor design and construction submittals.
- Perform internal design reviews of FAA designed power projects.
- Track and reconcile and coordinate closure of JAI project exceptions.
- Must have an Electrical Engineering or Power related degree from an accredited College/University and a minimum of 4 to 8 years of prior relevant experience.
- At least four years of experience designing electrical distribution for commercial, industrial and/or government facilities, including standby engine generator and un-interruptible power systems (UPS)
- Must have experience with power system analysis software such as EDSA Power Analytics and SKM Systems Analysis Power Tools with solid understanding of arc flash studies.
- Must be able to conduct and interpret power studies.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suites (Word, Excel, Power Point), Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as a gathering and communicating tool.
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD / MICROSTATION.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form.
- Ability to accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
- Ability to maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to site preparation and equipment installation problems.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the closure of construction related punch-list items.
- Ability to conduct efficient, organized data gathering, and data analysis.
- Ability to develop project plans, establish project schedules, project estimates.
- Ability to provide organized documentation.
- Basic knowledge of multiple disciplines regarding their general requirements for typical standard types of projects.
- Ability to discuss project related items with stakeholders, contractors and code related Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.