Leidos is currently seeking a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to be located in our Arlington, Virginia office to support approximately 500 employees globally dispersed, supporting the Maritime Systems Division. The HRBP will report to the Director, Human Resources and will join a team of HR professionals with the opportunity to work remotely several days per week.
The HRBP is responsible for partnering with business operations to ensure a complete understanding of business objectives and resolve HR issues. Has an understanding between the HR strategy and overall business strategy to prioritize investments. Will provide strategic partnership and integration to help line managers make informed overarching decisions in the areas of workforce planning, talent management and investments, priorities for talent acquisition, improving productivity, impacting retention, focusing development priorities, and ensuring rewards and redeployment are focused on key growth areas and strategic investments. Serves as a liaison between line management and Human Resources Centers of Excellence to effectively resolve issues, implement and deploy programs, as well as adhere to company policies and mitigate risk.
- Provide HR guidance to support the overall mission and HR service delivery for a complex organization of approximately 500 employees spanning across the United States.
- Develop strong working relationships with all levels of management and employees in order to effectively address employee relations matters, to include conflict resolution, guiding through performance coaching and counseling, and implementing disciplinary actions.
- Collaborate to anticipate business requirements and develop strategic plans to support the achievement of current and future objectives
- Partner with the HR Centers of Excellence to ensure effective alignment to achieve goals and organization results. Plan, communicate, execute and support HR initiatives including talent management, leadership development, diversity and inclusion, training, performance management, salary planning, training, etc.
- Assist with growing the business through acquisitions and helping capture teams submit winning and executable proposals
- Partner with Workplace Relations (WR) to investigate and resolve employee relations issues and diagnose and resolve trends and systemic issues
- Support enterprise-wide organizational change, and partner with TD&I on team and organization effectiveness within own business
- Support and consult with the leadership on total compensation strategy and initiatives
- Develop and execute employee engagement and retention strategies
- Bachelor's degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen, and able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Experience as an HR Generalist or in multiple HR functional areas.
- Experience in HR disciplines such as talent management, performance management, employee relations, staffing, and/or compensation.
- Demonstrated understanding of employment law.
- Experience leading workforce through a changing environment.
- Experience in extracting, analyzing, and reporting on a variety of HR metrics with Microsoft Excel, and using them to develop and recommend solutions to leaders.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Strong business acumen, professional demeanor, and demonstrated ethical behavior.
- Experience working with management of all levels, to include first-level supervisors all the way through to senior-level management.
- Experience in international HR working with a global workforce.
- Must be a team-player and be willing to be hands-on with tactical duties.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to think big-picture and be resourceful in creating solutions.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience supporting proposals and acquisitions.
• Project Management Skills and the ability to manage a project from start to finish.
• PHR/SHRM-CP certification.
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
• Experience with Workday preferred.
• Experience working for a Government Contractor preferred.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.