The Integrated Solutions Division at Leidos is seeking an experienced, focused professional to serve as a Systems Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience to support our customer’s mission. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting best-in-class Systems Engineering operations in a dynamic enterprise environment for a variety of customer driven emphasis items.
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated and able to perform expertly given consistently evolving priorities. The candidate will be required to work independently to collaboratively and constructively influence both internal and external organizations for strategic and operational decisions for program entities, Directorate Customers, and Industry Partners to achieve positive results.
- Lead and facilitate Tier 3 Software Systems Engineering support
- Provide Systems Engineering and Project Management expertise ensuring exceptional performance with a focus on service delivery improvements across the Customer’s mission IT ecosphere
- Develop highly innovative Systems Engineering solutions to resolve complex problems involving limited and disparate information through application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation, and integration of best practices
- Serve as a Senior Systems Engineer interfacing with PM and division leadership to make comprehensive recommendations and develop executable strategies
- Advise and support System Engineering transition requirements of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of complex network environments with geographically distributed components
- Implement community policies and guidance consistent with information system requirement analysis, transition planning, and research and assistance
- Coordinate, facilitate, and verify Systems Engineering projects across multiple environments
- Leads and facilitate Tier 3 Systems Engineering support to Software Engineering activities
- Support business process improvement and proposal development activities
- Ensure mission operations and baseline stability throughout transition activities
- Provide systems engineering technical support to special projects as needed
- Other related supporting duties as required
- U.S. citizen with Current TS/SCI access and Polygraph
- Requires a Masters degree in a related technical field (science, technology, or engineering) with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have 10 years of experience executing and troubleshooting complex IT systems and addressing software integration challenges
- Mission-specific technical knowledge and operations experience
- 3 or more years of experience managing large and complex projects in the customer environment
- Proven experience with one or more of the following procedural disciplines in an enterprise environment:
- Systems Engineering and Integration
- Project Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and MS Project software suites
- Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) using the NSIS process framework
- ITIL Framework driven mission operations
- Ability to communicate effectively in technical and non-technical verbal and written correspondence with internal team members, customers, and external stake holders
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in support of the ITIL Framework Service Transition process
- Ability to work independently or under generalized supervision with strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Possess a solid understanding of secure systems engineering and development.
- Be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
*This position is contingent upon contract award
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.