Leidos is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer that will assist with providing a highly technical and in-depth penetration testing service, in support of enterprise cyber security equities. The role requires support specializing in penetration testing and ethical hacking, to target, assess, and exploit risk and vulnerabilities of information systems. The intent is to provide senior decision makers with documented and actionable data to aid in making strategic investment decisions. Other duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Document all identified system risks, planned test procedures, and results; perform analyses of vulnerabilities identified during testing; and review program-level documentation (e.g., requirements specification, system architecture, design documents, test plans, security plans, etc.)
- Recommend changes to program-level documentation with an eye to reducing system vulnerabilities, create and document penetration testing plans and procedures, and approved testing plans and procedures to conduct hands-on penetration testing
- Analyze test results, document risks, and recommend countermeasures to uncovered risks; participate or lead technical exchange meetings and application review boards; document action items and results from technical exchange meetings and application review boards; and brief management on the status of action items and results of activities
- Bachelors degree and 12 years related experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- Demonstrated work experience in cyber security or related IT field
- Demonstrated experience with cyber penetration testing
- Demonstrated experience applying computer attack methods and system exploitation techniques
- Demonstrated working knowledge of cyber security principles for Linux, Windows, and virtual platforms
- Demonstrated experience designing, testing, or implementing IT security architecture
- Demonstrated experience performing network security analysis
- Demonstrated experience analyzing network architectures
- Demonstrated experience using network management tools
- Demonstrated experience leveraging adversarial tactics to conduct hands-on security testing
- Demonstrated experience developing risk management methodologies
- Demonstrated experience analyzing test results to develop risk and threat mitigation plans
- Demonstrated experience testing or reviewing system configuration, development, and design specifically around enterprise systems and hypervisors
- Demonstrated experience designing, testing, or implementing complex Windows installations
- Demonstrated experience participating in public and private information security groups and organizations
- Demonstrated experience communicating vulnerability results and risk posture to senior executives
- Demonstrated experience researching, evaluating, and developing security policies and guidance
- Demonstrated experience performing complex technical tasks with minimal direction
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.