Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is currently seeking a Proposal Manager to join our team. In this role you will support Federal pursuits (DoD and Federal Civilian) within the Civil Business Line. This position reports to the Integrated Missions Operation (IMO) Proposal Director, supports capture activities, and provides proposal management and support on competitive proposal and Task Order (TO) bids for the IMO group. The successful candidate will have experience with proposal planning, development, and execution; capture activity support and team coordination; preparing and coordinating reviews; and analyzing RFPs.
Additional requirements include tasks related to the Leidos Win Plan; leading proposal teams; managing all proposal activities (outlines, schedules, compliance, reviews, documents, etc.); and preparing support artifacts (data, resumes, project descriptions, etc.). The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing and ensuring compelling, complete, and compliant proposal responses that reflect win strategies and align to evaluation factors.
The position location is flexible including the possibility of Remote/WFH. However, there will be incidences when travel to a Proposal Center or other location is required.
- Lead, manage and/or support development of written proposals, orals preparations, and presentations from Pre-Proposal through Post-Proposal phases, as assigned by the IMO Proposal Director.
- Manage multiple proposal tasks with, sometimes, rapid turnaround deadlines.
- Interpret technical, experience, past performance, personnel, management and/or other requirements of DoD and FedCiv solicitations (e.g., SF330, RFP, Pre-solicitation, RFI, Sources Sought, EN, Shortlist, Orals, etc.).
- Develop compliance matrices and arrange for, or conduct, compliance reviews.
- Oversee and/or produce schedules, outlines, contact lists, agendas, annotated mock-ups/strawman, proposal kickoffs and reviews, technical solution sessions, and other proposal-related documents, tasks, and meetings.
- Experience incorporating incorporate win strategy/themes, benefits, messaging, differentiators, and/or solutions into proposal document(s).
- Develop and/or refine existing artifacts, including project descriptions and resumes, for proposals.
- Coordinate with Graphics Team to develop and monitor progress of artwork and graphics for proposals and presentations.
- Maintain proactive communication with proposal, capture, and business unit leadership to ensure smooth proposal processes and secure necessary resources for successful proposal development and submission.
- Collaborate with, and support, other efforts by capture, business development, proposal, and subject matter experts and teams, as needed.
- Support other Proposal Operations activities (e.g., content and database updates, SharePoint library management, etc.), as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of proposal management and related experience.
- 2+ years of experience leading Federal IDIQ, IDC, MATOC, SATOC, task order, and/or stand-alone contract proposals, including SF330s, ranging from $50M to $200M.
- Experienced in writing and/or editing for proposals and/or other technical documents using AP, APA, Chicago, and other style manuals.
- Strong spelling, organizational, time management, prioritization, communication, and decision-making skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines, sometimes with short turnaround times, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work occasional nights, weekends, and/or holidays to meet proposal deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in teams, whether in-person or geographically dispersed, virtual teams.
- Intermediate-level expertise using MS 365 and other applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Excel.
- Experience working with CRM systems.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, positive, and constructive, within a dynamic environment consisting of diverse personalities, while operating within strict deadlines and, sometimes, stressful situations.
- Experience managing proposals for Federal Enterprise-level IT/Cybersecurity pursuits.
- Experience managing proposals for Federal IT/Engineering/Operations pursuits.
- Experience participating in Black Hat and/or SWOT sessions
- Experience developing win themes, benefit statements, discriminators, and key messaging.
- Skilled in developing original copy, editing, and rewriting for clarity, incorporating win messages, and “one voice” narratives, within technical documents and proposals.
- Advanced-level expertise using MS 365 and other applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.