Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O II), a Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Jr Unix Systems Administrator at Hill AFB, Utah.
Leidos is seeking a candidate to fill a Jr Unix System Administrator position supporting DISA's GSM-O II contract. The candidate will maintain the smooth operation of multi-user computer systems running Redhat Linux but also includes Windows Server on a global network management system. Candidate is familiar performing within a fixed price, performance-based environment where performance is based on pre-determined Service Level Agreement's (SLA's) or Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP's). Candidate is required to support the development, documentation and tracking of measurements and metrics relevant to the ALP's. This role will require you to provide support on a M-F business hours schedule, in addition, you will be responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations. Approximately 10% of the job will require domestic and international travel. Be familiar with performing based on service level agreement (SLA). Work is performed based on the customer Accepted Level of Performance.
- Able to work in a rapid paced environment and must be able to work independently.
- Works independently to maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
- Install system wide software and allocate mass storage space, administer and service accounts, and perform tuning for system performance
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provide back-up recovery.
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintains standard operating procedures.
- Provide coaching and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 3 years of overall related experience with Unix, Redhat Linux required. Additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Shell scripting (e.g. bash) and experience in other languages like Perl.
- Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and the ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g. Security+ce.
- Integration of Network Management (NM) and Element Management (EM) systems with network performance, trouble ticketing, and security subsystems highly desired.
- Experience with support systems to include enclave Ethernet switches, storage area networks (SAN), and network attached storage (NAS).
- Candidates with a thorough knowledge of networking principles to included TCP/IP a plus.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified-
- Windows Server experience.
- Experience working with virtual environments.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.