As a Data Scientist the individual evaluates possible algorithms for Machine Learning (ML). This role develops queries, scripts, Jupyter notebooks or applications (using Python or Splunk and associated libraries or frameworks: openpyxl, tkinter, pandas, selenium, Beautiful Soup, Numpy, etc.) that utilize, collect, aggregate and normalize large data sets to perform analysis and structured information extraction for work products and audit reports. This role collaborates across a team of Data Scientists, Data Administrators, Software and Data Engineers to produce work products.
- This role designs and develops new Splunk queries and reporting and modifies existing ones to adapt to changing environments.
- This role develops and uses advanced software programs, algorithms, query techniques, models complex business problems, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate dataset traffic logs in cloud and on-prem environments.
- This role supports objectives and tasks by leveraging numerous tools and techniques to include Python, Splunk, Tableau, R and the like.
- Works with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business problems.
- This role is customer-facing so strong interpersonal communication and professionalism is necessary.
- This role develops algorithms and analytical techniques to improve business performance through automation.
- Maintains awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
- Experience with Visual Basic for Applications and relational databases
- Experience with SharePoint site collections and lists
- Candidate must have Bachelors with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. Will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Experience with R and MapReduce
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.