Leidos Civil/EMS has a cleared role providing service desk team support in the Washington DC area. This is a ServiceNow managed service desk supporting multiple customers, including integration of existing data and workflows, consolidation of processes and staff, and ongoing management of operations against SLAs for Tier 0-3 with multiple shifts operating 6AM-10PM EST five days a week, and additional on-call 24x7 support. This is a long term contract with a scalable team, offering growth potential and challenge for a highly motivated and qualified service desk leader. This position is based in Washington DC, with local candidates highly preferred.
- Service Desk Management: Reporting to the PM, provide management expertise relevant to service desk operations. Have executive responsibility for team and shift leads, as well as ultimate responsibility for CSR performance against SLAs across all shifts.
- Service Desk Operations: Oversee the day-to-day activities of service-desk operations to ensure users receive the support they require in a timely manner. Maintain awareness of ongoing performance against SLAs and resolve issues in partnership with the program team and customer representatives.
- Service Desk Improvement: Ensure the efficacy and efficiency of the service desk by recommending and implementing management and technology enhancements (e.g. process, tools) to reduce cost, improve customer satisfaction, and maintain adequate staffing of highly qualified, engaged team members.
- Service Desk Management: 8+ years of experience setting up service desks (or re-engineering existing service desks) aligned to ITIL and/or industry best practices, implementing a user-centric management philosophy to drive cooperation and customer satisfaction. 2+ years of experience with developing or enhancing existing costing and staffing models that maximize efficiency. Demonstrated ability to present clearly and effectively to government stakeholders on operational status, business value, service desk strategy, and opportunities for investment/enhancement aligned to ROI. Ability to build and manage working relationships with government stakeholders, other contractor teams, and users to manage expectations and perceptions for an enhanced customer experience
- Service Desk Operations: 8+ years of experience in a contact center, helpdesk, or service desk environment, with additional experience providing 24x7 operations. 5+ years of experience with workforce management (build, retain, retrain, and reward) for qualified service teams from initial hiring through termination. 5+ years of experience in a leadership role, with additional demonstrated experience managing teams of 30+ FTEs across multiple shifts. Strong knowledge of SDI/HDI/ITIL best practices, and ability to manage and improve upon existing methodologies to improve key metrics (e.g. first call resolution, abandonment, CSAT, etc.). Ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external partners as a leader and as a team player dependent on the situation.
- Service Desk Improvement: Familiarity with current and emerging service desk technologies, and successful implementations of new tech to maximize service desk effectiveness. Experience with service desk automation (e.g. ACD, chatbots, etc.). 3+ years of experience as a leader with demonstrable results in service desk improvements (e.g. per call cost, average turnover, mean time to answer, CSAT score, etc.).
- HDI-SCD Certification or willingness to attain SCD certification within 12 months
- ITIL v3 Intermediate, ITIL v4 Managing Professional, or higher certification
- 3+ years of experience operating within shared/managed service environments, with business understanding of chargeback models, incentivized/penalty-carrying SLAs, and management of multiple tenants within a unified service desk delivery model.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.