Leidos is looking for an Agile Instructor/Coach for a position in the Northern Virginia area. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance for consideration. The ideal candidate will be a domain expert in Lean and Agile principles and practices for individuals, teams, and systems. The candidate will be a servant leader who specializes in teaching, mentoring, facilitating, and Professional Coaching. The Agile Coach will act as a change agent to challenge existing environments or cultures. The Agile Coach will provide facilitation, training, coaching, and mentoring to multiple teams and associated stakeholders in Lean and Agile principles and best practices across business and IT software application development and operational work streams.
Apply Agile expertise and Knowledge
Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Agile development methods and processes.
Instill a culture of measurement with respect to both the impact of the change to the business and the effectiveness of the system of delivery.
Conduct ongoing evaluations to ensure the effectiveness of Agile programs and recommend complex and/or highly comprehensive training modifications as necessary.
Capture metrics at team level; leverage the metrics to monitor/enhance teams’ performance and agile maturity level.
Apply lean thinking to team specific issues to bring a holistic, system approach to maturing a team.
Provide role based support & assistance as required.
Expert in visualizing flow of work, controlling Work in Progress (WIP), managing queue sizes and batch optimization of work.
Work as part of a team of coaches to own the quality of Agile across all teams and organizations coached.
Former experience as Scrum Master or Product Owner, master of Servant Leadership.
- Act as a change agent to enable individuals, teams, and organizations to accelerate change and improve the value that they deliver.
- Establish new Agile teams and provide interactive, initial and ongoing coaching.
- Coach teams & leaders on the cultural transformation and mindset change required to transform their existing development practices to follow agile methodologies.
- Assist Scrum & Kanban teams to improve delivery performance through coaching and mentoring on team roles, tools, processes and ceremonies.
- Conduct classroom/workshop training for professional levels through management on Agile frameworks, competencies, and methodologies.
- On-board new teams adopting agile practices such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.
- Assess and raise the Agile Competency in organizations and help move them toward higher levels of Agile Maturity at a pace that is sustainable.
- Proactively collaborate and communicate with internal/external stakeholders at all levels of organizations to address Agile knowledge gaps to support Agile effectiveness.
- Collaborate effectively with the teams and individuals that they are coaching/training to build trust.
- Participate and contribute actively to continuously evolve processes to align to enterprise agile transformation strategy.
- Lead Community of Practices / workshops based on roles or specific topics.
- Cultivate the capabilities of each team member in their specific roles and enable them to deliver customer value rapidly.
- Coach Senior Managers in Agile & Lean practices. Enable them to be effective Agile Champions.
- Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Must have a TS/SCI with poly to be considered
- Applicant must have extensive experience with and can seamlessly work at all levels of an organization (from team level resources to senior executive stakeholders) to enable employment of agile methodologies as a strategic asset for business value generation which includes impactful culture change. Strives to instill a cultural change biased towards continuous improvement.
- Current experience with common Agile tools, such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Current Scrum Master or Product Owner certification(s) and experience developing and executing Agile projects.
- Current advanced Agile certification
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.