The Defense Group of Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented, mid-level Cybersecurity Analyst/Engineer in Huntsville, AL to support a critical modernization effort of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) command and control program in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Aviation and Project Manager Command, Control, and Effects.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying UAS command and control architecture, redesign the command and control front/back end into the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE), integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
- This position is for a risk management focused cybersecurity engineer
- Review software requirements to identify security software functions
- Design and test application and system-level insider threat mitigations
- Design positive and negative test scenarios to confirm functionality of security critical software mitigations
- Perform module and unit testing of cyber security features, including manipulation of data for analysis of security requirements
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for secure design, secure development and security testing, including assisting with cyber security subsystem requirements decomposition
- BS degree and 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must possess advanced cybersecurity management certificate such as CISSP, CISM, GISP, CASP or equivalent certification
- Experience with all phases of the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) Process
- Experience with writing, reviewing and testing software requirements
- Experience evaluating, scoring, and documenting security compliance of RMF controls, DISA CCIs, and STIG vulnerability IDs
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- US Citizenship is required
- Experience with RMF in a software development environment is strongly preferred
- Experience with software or system vulnerability analysis reports (MicroFocus Fortify, BurpSuite Pro, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution, Anchore, or SCAP)
- Experience with Static code / dynamic code analysis
- Experience in penetration, web app or security scanning testing
- Experience deploying and maintaining security tools (Assured Compliance Assessment Solution, Secure Content Automation Protocol Compliance Checker, McAfee Endpoint Security, or other DISA tools)
- Experience in applying Security and Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to software technologies
- Experience with standards NIST SP 800-171 or 800-53
- Experience with unmanned systems, Army Common Operating Environment (COE), VMF messaging or other PMO systems
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.