Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Leidos is looking for a Computer Technician to join the ESA V program. ESA V is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others. One customer of the ESA V program is the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). ATF’s Digital Forensics Branch (DFB) provides investigative support to the ATF Field Divisions through the acquisition and analysis of digital devices to include computers, mobile devices, external storage, some network devices and Audio Visual recording devices.
Location: 100% onsite in Sterling, VA at the customer site
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer. This process is currently taking 12+ weeks.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Provides end-user support to special agents and ATF personnel in the field to include shipping and receiving of equipment, digital media, and supplies.
- Provides IT support to the Branch such as set-up and imaging of laptops, conducting function checks of forensic equipment, dongles and supplies, and triage and evaluate laptop software with any system changes.
- Receives and inventories shipments of digital media, supplies and equipment and prepares for usage following DFB protocols. May include designating new equipment as government property leading to the adherence of acquisition processes and procedures.
- Manages and ships supply requests submitted from the field.
- Evaluates digital forensic equipment for current software versions and upgrade if necessary. Ensures that all equipment is in working order, contains all necessary accessories and are stored in an organized fashion.
- Participates in the inventory of Branch equipment in warehouse and items in the field.
- Assists in the preparation of training course logistics including the assembly and assignment of forensic equipment and supply, ready training phones, reset laptops, update dongles, shipping of student equipment and other logistics needs that arise.
- Creates step actions for basic use of equipment to be distributed and utilized by DFB field personnel.
- Aid in the development of training PowerPoint presentations and delivery of training to students and field.
- Supports logistics of equipment and supplies for any Digital Evidence Recovery Team call-outs.
- Fills forensic equipment requests from the Field and ensures equipment is updated and in working order.
- Maintains organization and orderliness to assigned areas of responsibility within the Sterling facility.
- Receives assignments from DFB personnel to perform support services, determine customer service needs, prioritize daily service and support efforts, and maintain a strong customer service work ethic.
- Performs ad-hoc assignments as required related to the scope of DFB operations.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years relevant experience. High school diploma with additional years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Warehouse duties and responsibilities will require the ability to utilize tall OSHA-approved ladders, standing, squatting, manipulating large and bulky pelican cases, and routinely lifting at least 50 lbs.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust security clearance.
- Experience providing basic IT support for law enforcement operations.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.