Leidos is seeking a UI/UX Front-end Developer for a critical and strategic new opportunity supporting the United States Space Force/Space Systems Center Enterprise Cross-mission Ground’s Defensive Cyber Operations for Space Branch (SSC/ECXCO). SSC/ECXCO is designated as the responsible office to provide enterprise level DCO capability to the Space Enterprise. To accomplish the mission, applicant will be part of a team to prototype key defensive cyber features to include delivering space enterprise protection and threat detection, identification, protection, and response capabilities; Developing cyber solutions for the Enterprise Ground Service and future space systems; Providing operationally relevant cyberspace solutions through iterative development to meet mission needs today; Supporting legacy mission systems innovation/modernization during transition to Enterprise Ground Systems. These capabilities are to be provided by Leidos via a small Agile SW Development team, co-located with the SSC/ECXCO customer in Colorado Springs, CO. This is a full time position that must work at a customer location and no telework is allowed. No clearance is required.
- Translate concepts into wire frames and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the customers ' and product owners ' product visions by researching, conceiving, wire framing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences.
- Design and deliver wire frames, user stories, user journeys, and lockups.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Collaborate with other team members, stakeholders and customers
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and engineers on all phases of the product development life cycle
- Incorporate best practices for accessibility, usability, web performance, and design into our products and ultimately champion a more consistent and delightful user experience.
- Provide mentor ship to other frontend engineers and designers in all aspects of UX development.
- Perform research, evaluations, and validations of moderate complexity.
- Use appropriate research methodology, tools, and protocols to conduct user-centered research.
- Writing clean, functional code on the frontend
- Unit testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering and 5+ years experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Holds an active Secret Clearance
- Education: technical (STEM) master’s degree
- Basic knowledge in the following: Adobe XD, Confluence, JIRA, UI and UX strategies, front end web development, Git versioning control
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.