The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Sr Software Developer in Bethesda, MD to support our work with the NIH in Bethesda, MD.
- Conduct technical requirements identification/collection, including interviewing users of the applications being developed, creating use-cases describing the system from the user’s perspective, and identifying functional components
- Conceptualize and create industry standard overall application architecture and design (presentation, business logic, and database tiers/layers, data replication strategies, and network connectivity)
- Identify, apply, and advise the customer on industry best design standards and development principles applicable to the application being developed
- Design, develop, and maintain key components of software applications using ASP.NET MVC, Angular, Vue.js, REST, XML
- Design, develop and maintain key components of the software suite using SharePoint Server 2013/2016
- Develop code in C# using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Develop database scripts in SQL Server using SQL and T-SQL
- Design and develop complex graphs and charts components using Vue.js and third party charting components
- Develop highly secure web applications by applying security coding best practices as defined by OWASP and internal guidelines.
- Conduct unit testing of all developed code using NUnit
- Support QA team in functional, regression, security and performance testing of the applications
- Create and update all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development, and testing.
- Communicate and collaborate extensively with customers, analysts, architects, database administrators, operations, and testers using Agile Scrum.
- Work closely with the Scrum Master, and Project Manager to understand the requirements, plan the technical tasks, design/code/unit test the changes and verify deployment of the changes.
- Provide help desk triage/production support through data analysis, logs analysis, reproducing the issue in non-Production
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent with 10-12 years of relevant experience. Microsoft certification is highly desired
- Experience with the analysis, design, hands-on development, and delivery of web-based applications using C#, ASP.NET MVC framework
- Experience in SharePoint 2013/2016 and SharePoint Online, MS SharePoint Server based application development
- Experience with SharePoint’s application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usages of Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services
- Experience in creating reports using PowerBI and SSRS.
- Experience with developing Sql server scripts, stored procedures, and functions
- Experience with Drupal development
- Experience with Github and DevSecOps using Azure platform
- Experience with Robotic Process Automation development using Microsoft power platform
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.