The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a highly technical and motivated Principal Software Engineer to help lead the development of STOR220, Data, Analysis, Processing, and Storage (DAPS) task order under ITSSS. The program is based in Clarksburg, West Virginia, but can be supported remotely if desired.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your software engineering experience to help the Identity Management Unit modernize the data processing environment and ensure its stability for future operations using:
Day to Day Agile Software Engineering with 12 week Increments/3 week Iterations using SAFe at a team level. It is a small team and most direction comes from the Product Owner and/or the SME/Architect.
- Provide technical leadership to team of software engineers
- Collaborate with senior staff to produce system architecture and design
- Collaborate with senior staff to develop epics, features, and user stories
- Collaborate with senior staff to produce system documentation
- Provide software engineers with guidance and direction
- Complete software development, automated testing, and documentation required to meet acceptance criteria for the most challenging user stories
- Identify and resolve the most challenging software defects
- Design advanced test cases such as integration / systems tests and performance / endurance tests
The Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years of relevant experience in the following areas:
- Required to have eight (8) years of experience in the areas of software engineering or software development
- Required to have experience in the areas of relevant technologies including NoSQL databases, version control, and message brokers
- Required to have experience with FBI Electronic Biometric Transmission Specification (EBTS)
Security Clearance Requirement
A DOD Secret Clearance is required.
The preferred candidate shall have at least eight (8) years of experience in the following areas:
- Preferred to possess a master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Preferred to have eight (8) years of experience in the areas of scaled agile, automated testing, automated provisioning, infrastructure as code, and/or configuration as code.
- Preferred to have experience in the areas of cloud technologies – preferably AWS – including computer, networking, storage, logging, container, and serverless services
- Preferred to have experience with React Framework
- Preferred to have experience with Mongo DB
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.