The Data Scientist in this role designs and develops methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze big data in both structured and unstructured formats. It develops and uses advanced data science algorithms and query techniques to model complex business problems and to automate the cleansing, integration, and analysis of datasets for mission needs. It actively engages with mission users, analyzing requirements and evaluating new data science-oriented technologies for capabilities to include Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing. Further, it works closely with users to develop and prototype new data science capabilities prior to enterprise adoption. It supports mission users by providing statistical knowledge in analyzing and interpreting ad hoc queries.
- Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Participate in the development of documentation.
- This role conducts experimentation in various data science techniques, developing, executing, and maintaining scripts and prototypes to analyze, interpret, visualize, and gain knowledge from numerous data sets individually or in combination to meet mission needs.
- Coordinate closely with customers, Scrum PMs, and cross-functional areas to communicate project statuses and initiatives.
- Analyze data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or modifications to existing systems.
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Develop and execute project plans leveraging Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities.
- Apply best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Experience using the statistical computer language Python to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience applying expert domain knowledge of data science algorithms, techniques, and methodologies.
- 5+ years experience with Python, R, or another scientific programming language.
- Extensive knowledge in one or more data science libraries such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- Experience negotiating complex scenarios and challenges and devising courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Experience leading critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Experience supervising mid-level data scientists and developers.
- Candidate must have Bachelors with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience. Will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Experience with AWS/C2S services
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.