The Defense Group, Airborne Solutions Operation at Leidos currently has an opening for an Aviation Quality Assurance Engineer to work in our Bridgewater, VA office within the QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division. We integrate, man, deploy, and maintain FAA certified aircraft for various CONUS and OCONUS operations in support of DOD and other agencies/partners. As an Aviation Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be expected ensure compliance to the Leidos Enterprise Processes, AS9100 requirements, and DCMA 82.10.1C requirements across several programs. This will require the implementation inspections, audits, and assessments. This will also require creation of quality plans and procedures. Duties will include documenting of inspection results, non-conformances, corrective actions and preventive actions and performing data analytics.
- Perform audits and inspections in accordance with AS9100 and 8210.1C
- Ensuring quality standards to maintain ISO 9100/9110 certifications
- Ensure Leidos policies and procedures, FAA regulations and customer requirements are being met
- Generate Corrective Action Requests (CAR) and work with personnel to address
- Work with teams to conduct Root Cause Analysis
- Provide inputs to weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to higher level quality management
- Deployment and implementation of appropriate QMS processes;
- Implementing audit practices for internal processes and products
- Document and track inspection metrics and perform data analytics
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations as required for program support and/or audits
- Provide support to new business development
- Bachelor’s Degree and four (4) years of prior relevant experience; or Master’s with two (2) year of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience directly working in aviation programs in support of defense contracts under DCMA INST 8210.1 / AR 95-20 requirements may be substituted for degree.
- Must have a Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
- In depth knowledge of DCMA 8210.1C and AS9100/AS9110 requirements.
- Ability to understand, review and approve aviation program manuals, forms, and records.
- Must be a US Citizen and have a valid passport
- Must be willing and able to travel to both CONUS and OCONUS locations as needed (OCONUS travel may include Hardship & Hazardous locations)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain credentials to access military installations.
- Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- FAA Inspection Authorization (IA)
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.