Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a SQL DBA who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor-Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
Leidos has an immediate opening for an experienced Microsoft SQL DBA to join our team who is highly motivated, responsible and a detailed oriented team. The successful candidate will work as part of our team supporting a long-term program for an Investor-Owned Utility client. The candidate will work closely with current resources in supporting the MS SQL Database Environment as well as work with Project Manager(s) and other project resources to meet commitments and deliverables. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a fast-paced development environment, as well as interacting effectively with key customers and users.
Note: Possible On-Call rotation and after-hours work may be required.
Location: Preference will be given to candidates living in the New Orleans, LA, Jackson, MS or Little Rock, AR area. Role may be remote, however selected candidate will be expected to report to the office/client site on an as-needed basis.
- Working directly with client customers to provide world-class application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications.
- Will be involved in making and testing database changes associated with large programs
- Resolve high level, complex, or previously unknown issues requiring expert technical knowledge of SQL Databases
- Work with the PM/team to establish plans for implementation and conversion of databases.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field or may consider 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- 4+ years of experience as a Microsoft SQL Database Administrator
- Strong core SQL DBA skills and be able to work on all versions of Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Databases
- DBA experience with architecture models, database creation, backup & recovery, performance tuning, integration
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to create, modify and diagnose stored procedures
- Sharp technical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate the resolution of escalated issues
- Must understand client business needs and objectives; make enhancements accordingly
- Able to perform in a complex multi-tasking and multi-customer work environment
- Able to work within limited time restraints and strict deadlines
- Able to perform duties without immediate supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent inter-personnel skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of IT computer systems and software
- Experience with implementation of IT integrations in a large division/company
- IT experience within a large team
- Ability to support multiple projects
- Highly motivated and able to solve highly technical and complex problems.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.