Leidos Public Health Division is seeking a System Administrator/Linux Engineer to support its Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) public health IT programs. Requires candidates to be local to the Atlanta area.
The specific objective of the task order that this position will support is to build, support and expand CDC’s capacity for high-performance scientific computing and bioinformatics. This includes specific activities and objectives to support both existing and planned HPC infrastructure, development of responsive and resilient informatics systems to accommodate high performance data analytic needs, and dedicated training, support and bioinformatics core resources. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience supporting a Bioinformatics/High Performance Computing related infrastructure.
Display commensurate knowledge consistent with a RedHat Certified System Administrator and RedHat Certified Systems Engineer including but not limited to:
- Create moderately complex shell scripts
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, tracing running processes execution, and controlling services
- Create and configure both local and network file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems
- Configure and manage BIND servers for managing assigned IP address spaces and understand how it interacts with centralized CDC authentication services.
- Independently create and maintain ansible scripts to automate configuration of various services on systems.
- Configure and maintain systems, including software installation, update, and core services using ansible and bash shell scripts
- Manage local FreeIPA instance and troubleshoot issues related to authentication environment attached to it without additional disruption of service.
- Manage Linux-based LDAP server and enact Create/Read/Update/Delete options on LDAP database.
- Manage system security including basic firewall and SELinux
- Manage multiple NAS appliances providing File, Block, and Object storage solutions
- Create and enact change requests to perform maintenance including documenting pre-requisites, outlining steps to be performed during maintenance window and after-action debriefing reports.
- Consistently add relevant documentation to online wiki regarding technical solutions to helpdesk tickets, services maintained for the contract and any custom scripts or operation procedures created for the contract.
- Enter appropriately detailed issues in JIRA projects to specify the complete lifecycle of projects, meet deadlines for individual project issues as specific in JIRA projects and document issues appropriately as they are completed. Independently analyze security vulnerabilities, generate remediation plans for vulnerabilities, and enact remediation plans.
- Independently troubleshoot servers and services in scientific computing environment to identify root cause and create sustainable solutions to resolve issues.
- Independently analyze running services and summarize their use in current environment including documenting interactions with other critical services in the environment.
- Maintain secure list of all non-shared passwords needed to perform all duties and use it Follow and comply with all established Leidos and customer policies, processes and procedures.
Bachelor's Degree and 6 years of related work experience. 4 years of additional experience considered in lieu of degree
Ability to display near-equivalent technical experience as RedHat Certified Engineer
RedHat/CentOS 7/8 administration experience
Layer 2 Switch Networking with VLANS management
Intermediate Configuration management via any modern standard system (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
Intermediate Virtualization/Hypervisor experience (VMware or equivalent)
Intermediate NAS Storage Appliance management
Intermediate Scripting Experience in a modern scripting friendly language (bash, python, perl, ruby)
Intermediate Familiarity with some Container technology (Docker, Podman, libvirt, etc)
Periodically travel to Metro Atlanta Datacenter as needed
Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Rancher Kubernetes Management Engine (RKE)
Pure FlashBlade Storage Appliance
Python 3 scripting
Intermediate familiarity with Docker containerization ecosystem
Experience managing multi-protocol accessible file shares
Verifiable contribution to an Open Source Project (e.g.: github, etc.)
Familiarity with configuration of Dell and HP physical servers
Familiarity with HP Blade servers
Familiarity with monitoring environments such as Nagios, Zabbix, Sensu, Prometheus
Familiarity with security vulnerability triage and remediation
Cloud certification (AWS or Azure)
Experience working in CDC or other Federal agencies
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.