The Civil Group at Leidos is looking for a Sr. Cloud Security Operations Engineer to support security compliance and risk management, continuous monitoring, and security engineering in cloud environment.
This position is based out of our Gaithersburg, MD office. This is primarily a remote position but will require the candidate to occasionally come onsite for in-person meetings.
- Providing architectural / risk-based analysis of information assurance / cyber security features and relate existing system to future needs and trends and requirements.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to DevSecOps Team upon analyzing government security guidance and requirements.
- Provide security governance support to federal IT programs involving interpreting federal guidance and requirements, develop security policies and provide guidance for security control implementation.
- Perform risk assessment and provide mitigation strategies using NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Perform ISSO responsibilities, which includes acting as a point of contact for matters of cyber security relating to assigned systems, reviewing audit trail logs and scans, and ensuring systems are maintained per security policies and procedures, and maintaining compliance and ongoing reporting to management.
- Document and execute a plan for each security assessment and testing task performed in support of project tasks and as tasked for approved project requirements.
- Independently develop and maintain system security documentation, assisting with the implementation of security procedures, and verify information system security requirements.
- Performing information system authorization and accreditation planning, testing, assessing and liaison activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, engineering or related field from an accredited college AND 8 years of professional experience.
- Must possess excellent writing and communications skills; candidate shall have the ability to develop documentation and management level presentation and present the materials to the customers.
- Experience with IT operations in cloud computing environments, i.e., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Candidate is expected to have technical knowledge and skills in one of the following areas: systems administration, network engineering, software development, integration and testing, data analytics or security operations.
- 5+ years of directly relevant experience with of NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Technical understanding of supporting security initiatives, conducting security monitoring, reporting and maintaining security compliance following security regulations and policies.
- Demonstrate potential and willingness to learn and adapt to rapid changes in technology
- Experience interacting with government security counterpart
- Requires US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- CISSP security certification
- Cloud certification
- Other security certification or IT certifications in Linux, Windows and networking
- Experience with Information Technology hardware & software support and troubleshooting.
- Experience with operating IT security tools.
- Computer system logging and auditing experience, data search and parsing using basic data analytics skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.