Are you interested in making an immediate impact by improving and shaping the consumer fraud-protection industry? Would you like to play a critical role in protecting consumers from deceptive and unfair practices in the marketplace? Leidos, a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering and science solutions leader is seeking a Sr. Cloud Security Operations Engineer to join the team.
The Sr. Cloud Security Operations Engineer will support security compliance and risk management, continuous monitoring, and security engineering in a multi cloud environment.
This position is based out of our Gaithersburg, MD office. This is primarily a remote position but will require the candidate to occasionally come onsite for in-person meetings.
- Providing architectural / risk-based analysis of information assurance / cyber security features and relate existing system to future needs and trends and requirements.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to DevSecOps Team upon analyzing government security guidance and requirements.
- Provide security governance support to federal IT programs involving interpreting federal guidance and requirements, develop security policies and provide guidance for security control implementation.
- Perform risk assessment and provide mitigation strategies using NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Perform ISSO responsibilities, which includes acting as a point of contact for matters of cyber security relating to assigned systems, reviewing audit trail logs and scans, and ensuring systems are maintained per security policies and procedures, and maintaining compliance and ongoing reporting to management.
- Document and execute a plan for each security assessment and testing task performed in support of project tasks and as tasked for approved project requirements.
- Independently develop and maintain system security documentation, assisting with the implementation of security procedures, and verify information system security requirements.
- Performing information system authorization and accreditation planning, testing, assessing and liaison activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, engineering or related field from an accredited college AND 8 years of professional experience.
- Must possess excellent writing and communications skills; candidate shall have the ability to develop documentation and management level presentation and present the materials to the customers.
- Experience with IT operations in cloud computing environments, i.e., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Candidate is expected to have technical knowledge and skills in one of the following areas: systems administration, network engineering, software development, integration and testing, data analytics or security operations.
- 5+ years of directly relevant experience with of NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Technical understanding of supporting security initiatives, conducting security monitoring, reporting and maintaining security compliance following security regulations and policies.
- Demonstrate potential and willingness to learn and adapt to rapid changes in technology
- Experience interacting with government security counterpart
- Requires US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- CISSP security certification
- Cloud certification
- Other security certification or IT certifications in Linux, Windows and networking
- Experience with Information Technology hardware & software support and troubleshooting.
- Experience with operating IT security tools.
- Computer system logging and auditing experience, data search and parsing using basic data analytics skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.