The Mission Operations Division at Leidos is seeking an Automated Test Engineer Lead to support a government contract in the National Capital Region (NCR). The ideal candidate will be able to conduct automated testing on various electronic devices primarily using the LabVIEW testing suite or similar software. The Automated Test Engineer Lead will also be responsible for managing up to five personnel.
- Manage up to five program personnel
- Develop and/or modify testing scripts to automate testing and validate testing sufficiency
- Maintain hardware and software associated with the automated testing system
- Recommend and implement improvements to existing automated test systems and protocols
- Support a software configuration management system for automated testing
- Maintain system architecture to ensure versatility and consistency across multiple platforms
- Train and assist other users with development of an automated platform training encompassing automated and manual execution of test protocols as applicable
- Manage and provide input to test and system documentation, recommend and apply improvements to capabilities, build roadmaps, and update software as required
- Update, develop and maintain documentation when necessary to support automated testing including:
- Test and inspection requirements
- Multimedia documentation of the automated test system
- System documentation for hardware and software where applicable to the automated test system
- Updates to test program style guide, GUI development, and architecture for existing and next generation test and measurement systems
- Attend meetings and reviews
- Serve as primary program POC for all automated test requirements
- Communicate with internal team members across multiple areas, the contract PM and customer team members
- Communicate with external parties such as sub-contractors, mission partners, and vendors
- Active TS/SCI w/polygraph
- Bachelor of Science degree and at least 12 years of relevant experience or Master's degree with 10 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu/combined with education
- Demonstrated programming/architecture experience utilizing LabVIEW software
- Demonstrated experience/training in the operation of electronic devices such as transmitters, receivers, power supplies, and audio/video recorders
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining automated testing systems
- Demonstrated experience using commercial test equipment from Agilent, Keysight, HP, Tektronix, National Instruments or similar test equipment on items such as power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, counters, power meters, signal & waveform generators, electronic loads and audio, noise, signal, modulation and power analyzers.
- Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate strong written/verbal communications, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills including willingness and ability to document and share information.
- Able to work well in a team environment and as an individual contributor
- Knowledgeable of electronics and electrical engineering principals (voltage, current, RF)
- Demonstrated experience managing at least five personnel
- Demonstrated experience with Python, Java, C++ or graphical programming languages software
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.