As a Geospatial Analyst you will apply expert knowledge of ArcGIS while performing a range of geospatial analysis for an intelligence customer in St. Louis, MO. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing geospatial research and content management in support of intelligence mission requirements. The candidate should have a strong geospatial intelligence background and the ability to in conjunction with other teammates to meet delivery deadlines.
- The candidate will work directly with customers and team members and assist with all aspects of the creation, maintenance, and publishing of Streets Basemaps, Canvas Suite Basemaps, and other web services.
- Conflate and/or merge GEOINT content as needed to efficiently publish Basemaps.
- Run automated/semi-automated to support the pre-processing of foundation data.
- Examine workflows and test possible improved workflows in an operational environment; workflows shall also be measured to show improvement.
- Provide expertise in schema mapping, data manipulation/editing, and metadata tagging.
- Provide data services optimization.
- Identify and resolve technical problems.
- **Active TS SCI required**
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a related field to the support services counts toward the experience requirements.
- Candidates must have experience using ArcGIS (e.g., ArcMap, Arc Catalog and Arc Toolbox) and extensions.
- Knowledge and understanding of editing and creating SQL queries.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to apply metadata to GEOINT data and products to enable content discovery.
- Candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with team members, customer representatives, external customers, and functional peer groups.
- 2-4 years’ experience w/ BA degree, or 2 years’ experience w/ Master’s degree, or 4 years’ experience with no degree.
- Successful completion of a formal military or government training program such as the Geospatial Intelligence Training Program (GITP) is highly desired.
- Experience with Python scripting.
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter and capable of working independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Experience in visualization and web cartography.
- Familiarity with Feature Manipulation Engine (FME).
- Knowledge and/or skill working with ESRI Spatial Database Engine (SDEs).
- Candidate must be able to multitask and deliver quality products within specified timelines.
- Candidate should work well as part of a team effort.
"External Referral Eligible"
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.