Leidos is seeking an editor/writer to provide technical editing/writing support for United States Antarctic Program (USAP) and Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) operations & maintenance manuals, policies, procedures, statements of work, requests for proposals, contract deliverables, and other program publications. The technical editor/writer’s primary responsibilities include:
- Organizing, editing, and maintaining technical records and files
- Acquiring subject knowledge by interviewing operations staff
- Observing operational methods
- Referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals; conducting quality review of materials
- Review and edit standard and alternative bid solicitations, including:
- Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR)
- Construction and Manager/General Contractor (CM/GC)
- Prepare contract-deliverable documentation for submittal to the client.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with four years of professional experience as a technical writer/editor.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others is essential.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to efficiently plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to work with multiple subject-matter experts/writers on shared documents and provide necessary facilitation to meet project deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of word-processing, desktop publishing, and document-control software and techniques required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, including the use, creation, and modification of built-in or user-created styles, is required.
- Understanding of a variety of standard and alternative bid solicitation models, including Design‐Build, Design-Bid-Build, Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR), Construction and Manager/General Contractor (CM/GC) strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of maritime vessels and/or marine technology and that understand design drawings.
- Experience working with designers, engineers, and maintenance personnel highly desired.
- Graphic design capability (figures, charts, pictures and overall document aesthetic).
*** Deployment to Antarctica may be required at the discretion of management (approximately six to eight weeks / year). The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. ***
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.