The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Functional Specialist (FS) to work in Kearneysville, West Virginia. The FS will join our growing USCG IMS engineering team. The IMS team is looking for an experienced system engineering and configuration management support in establishing and enhancing the IT enterprise space platform management across the entire CG domain. The team is involved in the deployment, and maintenance of multiple operational IT enterprise application solutions to over 65,000 end users (EUs). Limited potential for travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations for short durations in support of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) United States Coast Guard’s Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC) – Alexandria, VA command cadre.
- Possession of a current DoD Secret clearance is required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- BS in Engineering (or a related discipline) and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience OR equivalent years of work experience in lieu of degree.
- Performs enterprise-level planning, control, and program management for customer Total Asset Management (TAM) initiative in support of the C5ISC spacing architectures
- Monitor property accountability applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics and maintains required records
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Responsible for cost control, customer satisfaction, and adherence to agreed-upon deliverables and will focus efforts to effectively promote customer space management and facility systems and industrial engineering processes by facilitating space projects and communicating with customers and stakeholders at multiple customer sites
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Certification in ITILv4.0 foundations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.