The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Quality Assurance Specialist (QAS) to work in Kearneysville, West Virginia. This is an exciting opportunity to use your quality assurance experience in helping to support the United States Coast Guard’s Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC) – Kearneysville, WV. This position serves as the member of a team with the responsibility to ensure the highest quality service is provided to the USCG IMS customer through the performance of regularly scheduled internal process audits and the consistent facilitation of structured improvement activities. The successful candidate will be an agent for change, possess high energy, have a passion for quality, and be self-motivated. The environment demands the ability to quickly establish working relationships with coworkers/customers. The IMS team is involved in the deployment, and maintenance of multiple operational network and IT hardware assets supporting the 65,000 end users (EUs). Limited potential for travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations for short durations in support of the C5ISC – Alexandria, VA command cadre.
- Be able to obtain a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) clearance
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- BS in Engineering (or a related discipline) with 3-5 years12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Deploy and implement appropriate QMS processes
- Implement audit practices for internal processes and products
- Ensure adherence to all standards, Leidos policies, and best practices
- Support the development of performance metrics
- Track, analyze and report to program management on trends found in the performance metrics
- Provide the program manager with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives
- Report to higher level management on Quality Achievement and act as liaison for enterprise quality initiatives for the program.
- Other duties as required and or assigned by PM
- Experience auditing to external quality standards such as ISO27000
- Experienced with peer reviews and process auditing
- Experience collecting and analyzing metrics
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project)
- Ability to support limited domestic travel
- Certification in ITILv4.0 foundations
- Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt or Better
- Formal auditor training
- Understanding of Configuration Management principles
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.