Lead SIEM Engineer
Salary Range: £57,600 - £73,350 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
Are you ready to make an impact?..
We are in search for a Lead SIEM Engineer. You will be required to work at our customer site in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire with occasional travel to other UK sites. In this role, you will manage a team of engineers to ensure operations, engineering, and technical support services to support the protective monitoring capabilities. This requires a fundamental understanding of the full systems engineering lifecycle along with technical experience working with servers (Windows and Linux), LogRythm, scripting and parsing of logs.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Essential Process Skills/Experience:
- Experience in managing junior engineers
- Cyber security engineering experience
- SIEM infrastructure maintenance/engineering (LogRythm preferred)
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experienced in the on-boarding and parsing of logs into SIEM products
- Experience working with Windows and Linux Operating systems
- Understand the structure and the meaning of logs from different log sources such as FW, IDS, Windows DC, Cisco appliances, AV and antimalware software, email security etc
Communication and Soft Skills
- Experience speaking to and working with leadership as well as ability to write reports and present in security working groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and works well in a team environment;
- Capable of developing and communicating reports to meet defined objectives for intended audience;
- A good level of commercial awareness and project disciplines
- British - Non-dual national due to the clearance requirements for this role
- DV cleared or willing to go through DV Clearance
- Experience in delivering accredited security solutions in sensitive government scenarios
- Experience working in both delivery and proposal environments
- Experience working in MOD or Home Office project environments
- LogRythm Certification
- Virtualisation of SIEM platforms
- Working within an AGILE environment
- Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
- Clearance to Start DV
- Clearance for Role DV
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.