Career Cyber Security Engineer
Salary Range: £34,000 - £42,550 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
Are you ready to unleash your potential?..
Leidos require a Junior Cyber Security Engineer to help build and configure security solutions intended for a variety of public cloud, hybrid and on premise, environments. As a Security Engineer, you will be required to work on a number of different tasks, providing security engineering across different projects and technologies, maintaining the security elements of those solutions throughout delivery and into and during BAU support.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The role will be and reporting to the Principle Security Engineers and Security Manager on a day to day basis but also working alongside the Security Architects, Information assurance and project delivery teams. At times you will have opportunity to engage with technical security partners, along with both customer and supplier representatives.
An understanding and awareness of the current industry, the security challenges and a willingness to learn and develop in all areas of security as a service is a must for this role. The role would ideally suit a motivated, self-starter network engineer, 2nd line support engineer, or graduate looking for their first move in to the world of Cyber Security.
- Awareness and understanding of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA) and how this apply to systems and data
- Experience of working in a service orientated environment e.g. ITIL
- Experience of collaborating with multiple stakeholders to deliver on time bound activities
- Confidence with both Window and Linux environments;
- Experience of security technologies such as PAM, AV, vulnerability scanners, encryption, Firewalls and SIEM
- Experience of working with or configuring Cloud platforms e.g. AWS, Azure, Google (GCP)
- Degree in Computer science or other Cyber Security related discipline; or experience in 2nd line technical support role
- Relevant industry certifications e.g. AWS, Azure, CEH, CompITA
Advantageous Skills and Experience:
- Experience working on secure solutions in a secure environments
- Experience in SecDevOps, deploying via infra as code or security as code
- Experience of Centrify, Nexpose, Palo Alto Firewall, Splunk and PKI solutions
- Experience in implementing security requirements for a system from High and Low Level Designs
- Understanding of authentication and authorisation technologies (SAML, LDAP, PKI, etc.)
- Understanding of network and boundary protection technologies (firewalls, mail gateways, load balancers, IPS, IDS)
- Awareness of Security Frameworks such as ISO 27001, ISO 27002, NCSC Cloud Security Principles
- Awareness of Cyber Security or IT Security Risk Assessment and Treatment
- Awareness of or experience in updating security documentation sets (SyOPS, RMADs, Security Management Plans, ISMS elements)
- Awareness of the rigorous engineering quality control processes such as peer reviews and independent tests
- SC and DV clearance
Communication and Soft Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of working well in a team environment as well as individually to investigate and resolve and implement solutions for technical issues
- Capable of communicating complex engineering and technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
- British - Non-dual national due to the clearance requirements for this role
- Candidates must be willing to undergo SC clearance, and DV clearance if required.
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.