We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a mid-level Network Engineer to provide technical support for the development, test, deployment, and sustainment of a complex system. As a Network Engineer on this program, you will be a member of a team that interacts with technical and non-technical teammates including customers and vendors. You will be looked at as a subject matter expert in all things related to the IP network- including the WAN and LAN in multiple environments (DEV/TEST and Production). In this role, you will provide technical assistance, administer configurations, support testing, recommend enhancements, and troubleshoot and resolve issues associated with the various network components.
- Work closely with DRSN engineers and site personnel for coordinating deployments and maintenance actions.
- Evaluate system network requirements and make appropriate technical recommendations.
- Establish remote management connectivity, updating the operating systems, coordinating and performing verification test (BER or "burn-in" tests) configuring alarm and system profiles, and configuring/testing various layers of the OSI model.
- Assist IA personnel regarding network security and SSP maintenance. Ensure that the network configuration meets all IA requirements.
- Perform installation test and acceptance (IT&A) of network components both directly through the various GUI/CLI or interface systems, by directing and/or facilitating remote testing with on-site field engineering support.
- Monitor network performance.
- Support deployments as required.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of overall related experience or Master with 6+ years. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience in remotely configuring networking or transport devices.
- Ability to map IP addresses and subnets for networking devices or ability to establish in-band/out of band management connections on transport devices.
- Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and proposed device configuration changes.
- Knowledge of configuring, deploying and supporting HAIPE (KG-175D)- especially with GD GemOne.
- Must posses an active Top Secret with SCI eligibility clearance.
- Must posses current DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security +ce.
- Proficiency with Juniper IOS or other IP/transport specific management tools (EMS) and general practices. Expertise in IP technologies, i.e. Networking architectures and methodologies and Voice Services.
- Expert Knowledge of IP principles.
- Proficiency in at least two or more of the following devices: SONUS SBC, Juniper MX5 routers, Juniper SRX firewalls, Juniper EX switches, SONUS SBCs, KG175.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following tools: SolarWinds or Junos Space.
- Basic Linux Administration or command line interface (CLI) and scripting skills.
- JNCIA or JNCIP.
- Proficiency with RADIUS, SNMP, and NTP protocols.
- General knowledge of TLS and PKI.
- Proficiency with Juniper networking devices.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.