THIS IS NOT A LONG-TERM TELEWORK POSITION. Work will be performed at NASA Ames Research facilities. When appropriate, remote work will be permitted during COVID.
TO FACILITATE TIMELY ACCESS TO GOVERNMENT SYSTEMS AND FACILITIES, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
Leidos has an exciting opportunity to join our Industrial Hygiene Team supporting operations at NASA Ames Research Center at Moffett Field, California. In this role you will work with a dynamic team to find solutions to challenging problems in Industrial Hygiene, gain experience working at NASA centers, and work for a manager that supports career growth. The position works under general supervision of the Lead Industrial Hygienist and is expected to apply fundamental industrial hygiene concepts, practices, and procedures.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Personal and area noise monitoring to recommend engineering controls and appropriate HPD noise reduction rating.
- Perform personal/area air monitoring for a range of chemicals. Use that data to recommend engineering controls, administrative controls, and PPE.
- Investigate indoor air quality concerns and work with facilities and maintenance.
- Perform quantitative respirator fit tests for employees at ARC.
- Conducting large scale audits for Industrial Hygiene related hazards and recommending/implementing corrective actions.
- Perform comprehensive annual program reviews including lessons learned recommendations for improvement.
- BS or BA in Industrial hygiene or Science or equivalent experience and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge and use of computer skills and typical business software (i.e., word processing and spreadsheets) is mandatory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are mandatory.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and switch between projects easily.
- Being solution oriented with a “yes, if” rather than “no” mentality towards health and safety.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with research organizations across center.
- Ability to write and critically review technical reports for all field work conducted. Technical reports include executive summaries, process background, means/methods, results, discussions, and recommendations.
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN, AND CURRENTLY LOCATED IN THE U.S.
- Experience working with a defined Statement of Work or other contract based employment.
- Comfortable reading scientific journals to stay up to date on the latest research and industry standards.
- Experience working at NASA centers.
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.