The Integrated Solutions Division is seeking a Systems Engineer (SE) in Aurora, Colorado to support the CEGS program. CEGS provides software development, sustainment, and intelligence analysis support for a real-time operational SIGINT processor. The program has a successful 10+ year history of collaborating with the customer to support military operations around the world. The candidate must possess an active TS security clearance at a minimum, or ideally an active TS/SCI security clearance with a polygraph.
Leidos is seeking a driven engineer to fulfill a systems engineer position on the growing CEGS program. The position requires a candidate with prior systems engineering experience, demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to obtain the required security clearance. Direct application of systems engineering experience across all phases of the project life cycle is preferred, especially in the areas of system development and sustainment. The ideal candidate is a competent multi-tasker, clear communicator, and skilled problem solver who fully understands and is able to apply standard systems engineering practices in a dynamic software development environment.
The SE is responsible for system design and architecture development for new development projects, so a background in SIGINT data processing is helpful. The position also provides oversight of software development and configuration management, and supports information assurance activities on the program. The SE manages the delivery of CEGS software baselines and new capabilities to the customer site, so familiarity with government integration standards like NSIS is a plus.
- Technical planning and management of development, testing, and deployment
- Architecture definition
- Software requirement analysis and allocation
- System design
- System integration, verification and validation
- Generation of technical documentation
- Software configuration management
- Process management and quality assurance
- Task tracking and planning for Information Assurance activities
- Bachelor's degree with 6-8 years of relevant work experience on technical development programs
- Prior systems engineering experience
- Outstanding technical writing skills, to include requirements documentation, software release notes, user guides, and maintenance manuals
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess an active TS security clearance at a minimum, or ideally an active TS/SCI security clearance with a polygraph
- Bachelor's degree with at least 6 years of relevant work experience in software development and sustainment programs
- Knowledge of DoD processes, policies, and guidance
- SE experience with software development, integration, testing, and deployment
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes and DevOps integration models
- Familiarity with Unix-based operating systems
- Familiarity with information assurance compliance
- Aptitude for learning new technologies
- Prior SIGINT experience
- Familiarity with geolocation techniques
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.