Join a team committed to a mission!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Leidos is seeking a Technical Writer who will support AN/SQQ-89(V) system technical data requirements for US Navy and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) for NAVSEA Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS 5).
The Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsibilities – Work you’ll do:
• Work closely with AN/SQQ-89(V) SME’s, Logisticians and other Tech Writers/Editors to support the creation of technical data
• Provide subject matter expertise in the creation of templates, and be able to describe complex and technical topics in a clear, concise, and accurate manner
• Review and edit documents and materials that support technical documentation
• Work with editors to create new processes to support program growth
• Write new content as needed to support document evolution
• Validate and verify system procedures and processes as applicable
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 0-2+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Prior experience with developing technical data for DoD programs
• Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Experience working directly with technical SMEs
• Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams
Favorable If Have:
• Experience with AN/SQQ-89(V) in either Operations or Maintenance
• Experience with NAVSEA programs and their lifecycle support
• Travel may be required for this position
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.