Leidos is seeking a Senior Security Engineer on a Cyber Security Center contract supporting a variety of complex assignments associated with managing and controlling computer information systems. The position will be part of a growing IT team working on multiple information systems in a high-demand setting ensuring the uninterrupted and secure day to day operation of the cyber security program. The Senior Security Engineer will be responsible for O&M along with engineering tasking.
The candidate will be a subject matter expert skilled in network security applications and tools, especially data streaming platforms, security information and event management (SIEM) platforms, and security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) tools.
- Design, develop, plan, deploy, Integrate, and test enterprise-level security applications and tools with minimal oversight.
- Provide executive summary briefings and technical deep dives with senior program management.
- Provide design and vendor recommendations to senior customer management.
- Maintain network security platforms, to include data streaming platforms (i.e. Kafka Confluent, Cloudera, Azure Stream Analytics, etc.), SIEMs (i.e. Elasticsearch, ArcSight Splunk), and SOARs (i.e. Cortex XSOAR) throughout all design, development, deployment, and integration phases.
- Work directly with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors, customers, and partner organizations, throughout the planning, designing, and deployment of enterprise-level network security applications.
- Participate in and/or lead team meetings, providing guidance, input, and suggestions to junior team members.
- Provide technical recommendations and oversight for system upgrades, technical refreshes, and new builds per requirements set by stakeholders
- Develop detailed documentation to describe OS and COTS product deployment, configuration, upgrading, and maintenance for Change Management requests and Knowledge Content libraries
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and diagrams related to any systems within scope.
- Experience managing Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and deploying on Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Experience managing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Expertise building data pipelines and managing streaming platforms such as the Confluent Platform and Apache Kafka.
- Experience as a SME on designing, implementing and configuring systems infrastructure
- Experience providing O&M support to complex/distributed mission-critical systems
- Experience working independently and collaboratively to troubleshoot and correct operational issues
- Experience working closely with customers and users to troubleshoot and resolve complex user issues
- Ability to work and brief customers to include senior management
- Have strong communication skills
- Be a team player
- Experience with Information Assurance (IA) hardening and compliance, i.e. STIG & DSS compliance, documentation, etc.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other system administrators, system engineers, and network engineers in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and successfully manage competing/changing priorities.
- Extensive experience configuring, designing, implementing and troubleshooting with following technologies:
- Distributed Security Information Event Management (SIEM) technologies such as the Elastic Stack, Micro Focus ArcSight, Splunk, etc.
- Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) Integrations
- Knowledge of scripting languages (BASH, PowerShell, Python, Ruby etc.)
- Knowledge managing distributed storage solutions.
- BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- 4+ years of design, development, integration, implementation, operation and analysis of cyber security technologies.
- 4+ years administering network appliances, security appliances, or Linux devices
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Secret Clearance
- Demonstrated experience and formal leadership training
- Demonstrated experience in cyber security design, engineering and operations
- Experience with System Administration, Network Administration Network Security, Networking Standards, Network Protocols, NIST/FISMA standards and controls, SIEM platforms and security tools, Network Hardware Configurations
- Cyber Security Training or Certification (ie Security+, Network+, Elastic Certified Engineer, CISSP)
- Knowledge of NIST SP 800 53 series or ISO 27000 series documents
- Fairmont, WV
- Boulder CO
- Remote eligible pending customer approval, however onsite is preferred
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.