Leidos is seeking Mid-Level Systems Engineer – Network Security on a Cyber Security Center contract. The candidate will perform a variety of assignments associated with design, deploying, managing, and controlling multiple network devices/technologies in a high paced environment. The position will be part of a growing IT team working on multiple information systems in a high-demand setting ensuring the uninterrupted and secure day-to-day operations of the cyber security program. The candidate will be skilled in network tools, to include firewalls, packet brokers, log aggregators, intrusion detection systems, etc.
- Design, develop, plan, Integrate, and test enterprise-level network and network security products with minimal oversight.
- Provide executive summary briefings and technical deep dives with senior program management.
- Provide design and vendor recommendations to senior customer management.
- Maintain network security devices, to include firewalls, packet brokers, log aggregators, intrusion detection systems, etc., throughout deployment.
- Work directly with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors, customers, and partner organizations, throughout the planning, designing, and deployment of enterprise-level network and network security products with minimal oversight.
- Participate in Team meetings, providing input and suggestions, and prepare minutes of discussion items
- BS degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- 2+ years of design, development, integration, implementation, operation and analysis of enterprise-level networking products, firewalls, packet brokers, log aggregators, intrusion detections systems, etc.
- Must be able to support the daily maintenance, configuration, and security of all assigned network products
- Must be able to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other system administrators, system engineers, and network engineers in a team environment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Secret Clearance (Interim Secret acceptable).
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Experience with Information Assurance (IA) hardening and compliance, i.e. STIG & DSS compliance, documentation, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in Azure security design, engineering and operations
- Knowledge of NIST SP 800-53 series or ISO 27000 series documents
- Certifications: DoD 8570 IAT III certifications, such as CISSP, CISA, CASP
- Fairmont, WV
- Boulder CO
- Remote eligible pending customer approval, however onsite is preferred
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.