Leidos has an immediate need for a Security Engineer for a new customer on a highly-visible and strategic Cybersecurity Task Order. The Security Engineer will need to be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment, and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner. This individual will work with internal team members to ensure that systems are functional, secure, and scalable. The systems and networks developed will be used to collect and process data and improve the customer’s security infrastructure. The Security Engineer will support the design and development of cybersecurity tools and technology along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide systems and networks.
- Build, and maintain current and future customer-supported tools and platforms
- Manage multiple assignments and work independently with minimal oversight
- Support creation of system design documents. Support architectural analysis of cybersecurity features and existing system related to future needs and trends
- Employ measures to ensure the deployed infrastructure is secure and available
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to solve technical problems at the network, system and application levels
- Collaborate, coordinate, and build relationships with customer representatives and external stakeholders
- Draft technical documentation, reports, and presentations as needed for customer or internal use.
- Manage virtual infrastructure and troubleshoot problems to successful completion
- Create and manage shell scripts for task automation and log extraction
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, engineering technical assessments, and process improvement initiatives
- Provide training and documentation for customer and internal teams
- Identify tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules and provide realistic schedule and cost estimates
- Maintain a current working knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, security best practices, and technical standards.
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of experience
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Entry on Duty (EOD) is required to support this program
- Expertise with Azure services and components to build, manage, and maintain Azure Cloud environments
- Experience installing, configuring, securing, and troubleshooting Linux
- Extensive automation experience with PowerShell and Shell Scripting for automating repeatable tasks and installations
- Experience with Windows and Linux server operations and maintenance
- Understanding of cloud terminology, architecture, and tools to include installing, provisioning and monitoring.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining tools such as Tanium, Nessus, Forescout, and Cyberark in a hybrid-cloud environment
- Candidate must, at a minimum, have one of these certifications:
- CompTIA: CASP, Security+
- SANS: GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP
- Carnegie Mellon: SEI
- ISC2: CCSP, CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP
- Cisco: CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security
- EC_Council: CEH, ECSP, ENSA
- Microsoft: MCSE (Server), Azure Administrator Associate, Cybersecurity Architect Expert, Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Red Hat: RHCA, RHCE
- NetApps: CIS, CIES, CDAP, CSA
- Splunk: Certified Splunk Architect
- Experience automating management tasks with Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience working among different Cloud Provider environments (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience developing in Bash, Python, and/or Powershell
- Experience working with SIEM tools such as Splunk to ingest, normalize, store, and maintain data from endpoint, network, and application sourcetypes.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.