Leidos is looking to fill a position working in Network Configuration Manager with networking experience. The individual will be part of a team responsible for maintaining designs, configuration baselines, tracking compliance issues, baseline documents, and assisting with other Configuration Management and Change Management functions.
This position will require extensive collaboration amongst all levels of network engineers. This could include but not limited to attending all meetings, advisement of following standard practices, and architecture design and updates.
• Manage the network engineer operational readiness review process.
• Perform quality assurance (QA) on all documentation received from network engineers.
• Ensure coordination efforts are made with the Project Manager in regards to new and recapitalization efforts.
• Collaborate with the network monitoring and compliance liaison.
• Attend all engineering briefing and advice on firm configuration management services, procedures, and policies.
• Manage all documentation in a manner to where it is easily accessed and secured to prevent accidental modifications.
• Maintain all vendor related software from a network engineering perspective.
• Assist with other types of CM functions when needed.
• Tracking of Resolution of any Compliance issues, compliance procedures, and policies.
• Assist with audit control when needed.
• Review and approve of the Change Management System (CMS) infrastructure changes.
• Assist with the head of CM board and implement any changes which have been decided.
• Review and publish reports related to configuration management.
• Coordinating with engineers to ensure network backups are being performed, managed, and tracked according to security requirements.
• BS degree and at least 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years prior relevant experience preferred or 10 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
• Clearance: Active Top Secret/SCI clearance w/Poly is required.
• Layer 1, 2, and 3 experience and understanding of configurations within network equipment.
• Hands on experience utilizing network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Cisco ISE, Whats up Gold, etc.
• Familiarity with data center infrastructure and experience with Cisco Routers, Switches, and Firewalls to include Juniper and Palo Alto Firewalls.
• Experience with networking concepts such as network security, best practices, ssh, IPSec, TACACS, RADIUS, 802.1x, DNS, SNMP, Syslog, NTP, and policies.
• Experience utilizing SharePoint.
• Able to understand network diagrams and utilization of Microsoft Visio.
• Knowledge in change management from an IT level
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
• Be able to multitask and prioritize due to changing
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.