Leidos is seeking a talented Splunk Engineer to join our team to support a new customer on a highly-visible and strategic Cybersecurity Task Order. The Splunk Engineer will be a member of the Cybersecurity Engineering team and will install and maintain Splunk infrastructure, gather requirements from customers, onboard data, and assist end users with search, dashboards, reports, and knowledge objects.
- Manage multiple assignments, changing priorities, and work independently with little oversight
- Build, implement, and administer Splunk in Windows and Linux environments
- Work with existing and custom Splunk applications and add-ons to fulfill customer needs
- Provide operations and maintenance support for a distributed Splunk environment consisting of heavy forwarders, indexers, and search head servers, spanning security, performance, and operational roles
- Editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps
- Onboard data to Splunk via forwarder, scripted inputs, TCP/UDP, and modular inputs from a variety of sources.
- Provider operational support for Splunk Universal Forwarder on Linux and Windows endpoints
- Manage, and support automation solutions for Splunk deployment and orchestration in on-premise and cloud environments
- Documentation, reporting, presentation, teamwork, and DHS wide collaboration are among the expected duties and mission of the task order
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field and a minimum of six (8) years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cybersecurity
- Four (4) years of experience with Splunk in distributed deployments
- Current Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin certification
- At least one of the following certifications: CASP, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX
- Excellent written and oral skills, ability to work closely with multiple customers, manage expectations and track engagement scope
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise Security or integration with other Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms
- Proficient at data on-boarding activities including routing, parsing, and normalizing events to the Splunk Common Information Model (CIM)
- Proficiency onboarding data using Splunk developed add-ons for Windows, Linux, and common third-party devices and applications
- Experience onboarding data into Splunk via forwarder, scripted inputs, TCP/UDP, and modular inputs from a variety of sources
- Proficiency managing Splunk using the Splunk command-line interface
- Proficiency managing Splunk using configuration files
- Experience collaborating with separate engineering teams to configure data sources for Splunk integration
- Proficiency implementing and onboarding data in Splunk DB Connect
- Experience with Splunk performing systems administration, including performing installation, configuration, monitoring system performance and availability, upgrades, and troubleshooting
- General networking and security troubleshooting (firewalls, routing, NAT, etc.)
- Splunk implementation and troubleshooting experience
- Experience in managing, maintaining, and administering multi-site indexer cluster
- Proficiency developing log ingestion and aggregation strategies per Splunk best practices
- Perform integration activities to configure, connect, and pull data with 3rd party software APIs
- Proficient in regular expressions
- Ability to autonomously prioritize and successfully deliver across a portfolio of projects
- Experience working in Azure
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with GitLab or GitHub or other version control system
- Scripting and development skills (Bash, Python, and PowerShell)
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.